Information wanted, Krisall 1.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Information required on the Italian Kristall 1 camera, I bought one today, and cant find any info on it.
Can anyone give me some info please.

G7_031_600_x_450_.jpg

G7_032_600_x_450_.jpg

Dave.

Yes I have been on that site, no info on the Kristall 1, just the later model.

Thanks
dave.

They'll likely be fairly similar although the one you have looks like a simple scale focus camera as theres no rangefinder like with the R model linked. What sort of information do you actually want? It looks to me like it takes L39 screw fit lenses (the old Leica screw mount) and is just a simple manual scale finder camera.

Last edited:
Yes I have been on that site, no info on the Kristall 1, just the later model.

Thanks
dave.

Oops, sorry Dave that'll teach me to not read posts properly.

I did just find that a Kristall R sold for £368 at Christies in 1996 so the Kristall 1 maybe even rarer.

They'll likely be fairly similar although the one you have looks like a simple scale focus camera as theres no rangefinder like with the R model linked. What sort of information do you actually want? It looks to me like it takes L39 screw fit lenses (the old Leica screw mount) and is just a simple manual scale finder camera.

Info like when it was made, I know its an Italian Leica copy, similar to the Leica 1,as you say its a L39 screw, my 111a lens fits but, it would be nice to find out how old it is, and what lens should have been fitted.

Dave.

Its not quite a Leica copy as unlike the proper Leica's it has no rangefinder, I would estimate late 1940's to early 1950's, the standard lens would probably have been a 50mm f2 or f1.8 or even an f1.4 of some description depending on the price of the camera.

Last edited:
The only reference i can find to it my books is that the your model was from 1955 and came with a Elionar 5cm lens with an aperature of F3.5.

Hope this might help you:)

The only reference i can find to it my books is that the your model was from 1955 and came with a Elionar 5cm lens with an aperature of F3.5.

Hope this might help you:)

Thanks for that, I have found an Italian Leica copy site with some info, only 700 made copy of the Leica 1..

Dave.

Back