Infrared help please

Edit My Images
Yes
Guys
Please help I'm using the Cokin A007 infrared filter with my Finepix S7000 as I'm not sure weather it works with my 300/350D. Anyhow I've had a play around and uploaded them on to my pc they seem somewhat red, even though I push them through the channel mixer and bring them down to mono they don't look right.

Am I doing something stupid or am I missing something out?

Many thanks in advance

David

:beer:

not done any infrared yet but as far as I'm aware there are several factors that cause problems
1) the camera has a filter over the sensor to cut out infrared light as it can interfere with some ccd's
2) it may be the frequency of light that the filter is cutting out, it may not drop enough visible light to produce a true infrared effect.
3) Did you take a custom white balance reading off a piece of white paer before shooting?

this webby should help though, pretty informative.....

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/infrared/#POST

gogle 'brads IR action' for photoshop and use that ;)

With the 350D the main thing is to use a lens that is compatible with the filter. Some have a coating on them that gives you hotspots (overexposed) in the center of your images. The kit lens is one of the unsuitable ones but others like the 50mm f1.8 and the sigma 70-300 zoom are fine.

Back