Infrared images - Barry & The Knap

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I like them Gareth

What the details of the kit used?

Thanks Alf.

These are with a Neewer 35mm manual focus on a converted Fuji X-A5 with either a Hoya R76 filter or a R590nm filter
Always nice to see more IR. I think no 5 is my favorite here.
Unusual to get intense reds like those from a 590nm, the look is reminiscent of aerochrome was that down to WB, or did it require lots of adjustment in photoshop?

Love them all Gareth, the last two could be belieived to be winter scenes, My favorites are the red foliage ones something a little different !

Thanks Mike and Brad (?) Certainly given me the IR bug. I find the CSC Fuji good but images even at ISO 100 can be noisy at times so debating if a converted DSLR would improve that?

Mike I've got a deep orange verging on red R590 filter. I set the WB using a pop up white balancer that came free with an issue of AP years and years ago! In LR I bought colour swap profiles from Rob Shea that I use to find the best sky colour. It's then tweaked in the HSL module to make the colours more redder. Glad you mentioned aerochrome, I've been trying to replicate that look!

Brad, These came out awesome and are the colour file of 720nm image and are a big hit with me also.

No 4 pick of a great bunch for me, must get out and do some IR

Back