Injured Robin..

Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken a few summers ago with my Sony p&s.

Think a cat had had a go at it. It sat on my finger while I went and got the camera, looked at me while I took the pic, then flew away.....

DSC02640.jpg

Nice one Rik.
Read somewhere that cats are responsible for killing over 50 million birds a year in Britain.
If I had my way I would have every one of them put down. I hate cats.

Poor thing I'm not a big cat fan my self the always seem to for me.

Aw! poor robin, glad he made it though. :)

Dont you just hate it when that happens!!! :D :LOL:

Robinfake.jpg

I will remove this if you wish, BB.(y)

Leave it Janice, like it :LOL:

And I know its cruel and horrible to see, but dont say you hate cats and want to put them all down, its only their nature :shrug:

Leave it Janice, like it :LOL:

And I know its cruel and horrible to see, but dont say you hate cats and want to put them all down, its only their nature :shrug:

I presume that you are a cat lover then. The biggest problem with cats is there owners.
I had a small dove cote in the garden with about 6 or 7 tumblers in it. I had taken great care as where to position it, to keep the cats out. But over a few years the tree behind gave the cat access, it got into the cote and killed every one of them. When I confronted the owner of the cat about it her answer was. Yes you have probably guessed it. It's only their nature. Why don't cat owners put a collar and a bell on them, at least this would give the birds a chance.

I do like cats, they can be so adorable, but agree a bell round their collar is a good idea, My poor rabbit had a broken foot after not seeing a cat creep up alongside their run, not the cats fault at all that the rabbit panics. poor bunny was in plaster all over Xmas! :(

...snip...

Yes I am a cat lover, and yes my cats are equipped with a bell on their collar. I cant talk for any other cat owner, but I refuse to keep my cats cooped up inside, they should be allowed to wander outside, where they want, when they want.

Anyway, sorry for bringing your thread off topic BB :(

my cats don't wear collars, as they either get out of them within about 5 minutes, or they're tight enough to end up strangling them. I'm not running the risk of them hanging themselves, so it's pointless putting a collar on them for them to remove it 2 seconds later when they get outside.

My cats go outside, and (touch wood) neither of them has brought anything back for me (like birds etc)

Again... sorry for the OT :D

I presume that you are a cat lover then. The biggest problem with cats is there owners.
I had a small dove cote in the garden with about 6 or 7 tumblers in it. I had taken great care as where to position it, to keep the cats out. But over a few years the tree behind gave the cat access, it got into the cote and killed every one of them. When I confronted the owner of the cat about it her answer was. Yes you have probably guessed it. It's only their nature. Why don't cat owners put a collar and a bell on them, at least this would give the birds a chance.

I am a cat lover too, have 2 cats (and a dog, a wife and 2 kids!) and have collars and bells on their necks (no, just the cats!) but somehow in summer they occasionally come back with a bird in their mouth from the garden (and other critters too, like lizards and crickets). I understand your grief, but it IS the cat's nature. :shrug:

Anyway, sorry for bringing your thread off topic BB :(

No bother (y)

I have a cat too, he usually gets mice from the fields behind us and leaves the birdies alone !

Having said that, he has had one or two in the past.

I wont loose sleep over it, although he would get a bollocking if he did what happened in Gerrods story.... Thats not on.

I hate birds...they fly, they peck and they eat worms....I love worms...should all birds be put down?

cats are cats...they eat birds, mice, lizards, it what they do! ITS NATURE!

Birds eating worms is nature too!! :D

I have 2 cats... i love birds.. always have. But the cats bringing in mice and birds is nature. It doesnt seem to bother me... even though I spend hours bird watching.

its just how the world goes round I guess.

As for cats collars with a bell... it is a good idea but I can and will no longer have any type of collar on my cats.
My fluffy black & white 2 year old cat Lucy had a flea collar one with a small portion of elastic in it for safety if they get caught.
She went missing for 2 weeks and when she returned she had obviously had it caught in a tree and put her front leg through and got it stuck like that.

By the time she arrived home it had grown into the flesh under her front leg (armpit) and smelt foul.
We managed to remove it all and clean it and within a day she was scratching up her scratching post again!
Left a huge deep cut... but she recovered very quicklly.

No cats collars in this house any more. :)

Back