Inside Gloucester Cathedral in HDR

No 1 isnt straight
no 2 to me looks like the lens needs correction, a bit curved, but that could be my eyes.
Id liked to have seen No 4 processed like No 3....

1,2 and 3 all look slightly off level, but I like your HDR effect, it's not overbearing or totally unnatural. Much better than a lot of the HDR I've seen recently.

No 1 isnt straight
no 2 to me looks like the lens needs correction, a bit curved, but that could be my eyes.
Id liked to have seen No 4 processed like No 3....

No.1 = oops :(
No.2 = I would normally correct lens issues in Adobe Camera Raw but I processed the CR2 RAW files direct in to photomatix Pro to create the HDR which was then sharpened in CS6 - maybe there is an option in there to corect for lens issues....shall investigate. There will be some distortion as the shot was at 24mm, the widest setting on the lens.

Cheers for feedback...

Not keen on the 1st as it's off-centre and a bit dark at the bottom corners, mind you the window is very good.
I like #2 the colour for the tomb works very well.
My favourites are always going to be the cloisters and apart from a bit of distortion they look very good.
I'm even more peeved that I'm not going to get there on Thursday.

Lovely cathedral, I want to do Winchester. How does HDR on the camera work please?

Hi Aura,

On a tripod I took 4 or 5 exposures to cover the dymanic range, to cover from the darkest shadow to the brightest light areas.
These RAW files were then processed using photomatix Pro software before outputting a TIF file which was further processed in Photoshop CS6.

The last one was also run through the silver efex plugin to create a black and white layer which was set at about 80% opacity to let some of the colour bleed through.

Hope that helps.

Sound a bit tricky to me, I have a HDR thingy on my camera but I haven't used it as yet.

It was actually quite hard getting these shots today with it being half-term there were so many people around - took ages for the scene to clear for one of the shots.

I have found this problem in Salisbury, just about to take the shot and someone wanders in the way and then stands still in the middle of the picture! Anyone else had this problem? :annoyed:

I don't mean to be rude but it's annoying, I waited for 15 mins almost once to get a shot of the west window in my local cathedral. i used the timer then a silly woman ruins it by walking of all places across in front the camera just as it goes off.

Quite like these, went there myself today no hdr's yet to look at mine yet

Back