Beginner Inside of camera a bit dusty

Name
Tess
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there. The mirror inside my D600 is a bit dusty. I can't see any smears on it, but because it hasn't been used for a while since I bought it off my brother, I think it needs a bit of a clean. What's the best way to do this please?

Rocket blower will hopefully sort it. It is just the mirror or does the sensor need a clean?

It's just the mirror...I was wondering, I have a little compressor that I use for spraying nails, would that work?

It's just the mirror...I was wondering, I have a little compressor that I use for spraying nails, would that work?

No. Use a rocket blower - it's more gentle and the air will be clean.

Yep a rocket blower will do,i also use an very soft artist painting brush.

Dont blow on it you will always leave some spit on the mirror & compress air can be to harsh and blow stuff further into the camera causing other problems i:e dust on the sensor etc :)

Use the rocket blower but make sure you turn the camera face down so the dust comes out easier, just be careful not to catch anything inside with the tip of the blower. Also, don't forget to try blowing the focussing screen if you can see anything in the viewfinder (although that stuff wont appear on your photo it's just annoying to see it) and also check to see if the sensor needs a blow off too.

Back