Inspired by the London Intrepid Chronicles

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I cycle home from Canary Wharf along the river, I keep a compact in my panier, so when I saw this great sky I had to stop.

Thames800.jpg

Nice shot Pete. Decided lack of rain and overcast conditions though - you'll need to do some penance yet!

Like the reflected street lamp lead-in (y)

Oh - thanks for the St. George's newsletter too - received yesterday. Spelling, credits, reproduction :clap:

Thanks for the comments. Jon, I'm glad you got the newsletter and you finally got a credit in print!

I was just looking at my photo and realised that it would be much nicer if the diagonal led in from the left. Any thoughts?

Thames800-2.jpg

hmm - you have a conundrum.

One of the few things i remember from uni is that the eye is drawn to the top right (well, the European, Roman alphabet reading eye anyway). If you have the lead in lines from the bottom left, the eye is led to an empty void which doesn't work so well, even though the journey there is easier.

I think lead in from right is a better composition over all, but take your fins and wetsuit tomorrow ;)

Hmmm, cracking shot to begin with, but I prefer the flipped edit, and shall refer to something on here last week. Because we read left to right, we often view photos the same way, so if the lead in lines start on the left we often find that more pleasing than the reverse... :shrug:

However, yes, you still have more penance, not nearly enough rain and cloud in that picture, fabulous though it is (y)

Back