Insurance finally paid out, D3 now in my hands!

Edit My Images
No
Some of you may remember the thread I posted about 5 weeks ago about how I was burgled and had half my gear stolen...

Well, last week the insurance paid out with Jessops vouchers, not ideal but I called my local branch to order in a D3. I was told it would be a 3-4 week wait which I thought was a bit optimistic to be honest as I assumed all stock would be going to pro dealers etc

Anyway, friday morning I got a call saying my D3 was ready for collection :D

Not had much chance to use it yet but it is one lovely bit of kit! My only negative so far is its slightly bigger and heavier than the (perfect IMO) D2x.

But, as much as I hate to say it...top work Jessops (y)

Voucher for Jessops,,,they should have shopped around. No wonder insurance premiums are high...

Bit of an odd way to pay out, but top bit of kit to get your hands on. Looking forward to seeing some results from it. Just a shame it's not a canon really... Lights blue touch paper and stands well back. tee hee

Voucher for Jessops,,,they should have shopped around. No wonder insurance premiums are high...
Its because the general public want to be able to replace items from high street shops they are familiar with. The insurance company gets a big discount with them which counters the fact they are over priced. They were special insurance vouchers as apposed to gift vouchers, so you can't price match with them...sneaky sneaky...! lol

Just a shame it's not a canon really... Lights blue touch paper and stands well back. tee hee
Not really, nobody ever told you its the person behind the camera that counts, not the camera itself :p ;)

Too late now, but your insurers can't force you to accept vouchers if a direct replacement can be sourced for the same price or cheaper elsewhere. This is only applicable if you want to buy something yourself and take advatange of the discounts available to insurers.

In this instance, it doesn't matter that Jessops are more expenisve as you will have been given a specific ammount based on the replacement cost of your loss. The key will be to buy the gear online and then pick up in store.

Too late now, but your insurers can't force you to accept vouchers if a direct replacement can be sourced for the same price or cheaper elsewhere. This is only applicable if you want to buy something yourself and take advatange of the discounts available to insurers.

In this instance, it doesn't matter that Jessops are more expenisve as you will have been given a specific ammount based on the replacement cost of your loss. The key will be to buy the gear online and then pick up in store.
It makes no odds, they pay out at the cost to them to replace the items for me. My particualr insurers use specific shops to replace various types of goods, I already pointed out the goods would be cheaper elsewhere but thats the way they work.

And your right, it makes no odds that Jessops are more expensive because they gave me the exact amount to replace the stolen goods. Where it DID make a difference though is that I choose to not replace some of the items yet so the extra value Jessops priced them at gave me the difference in value between the D2x and D3...if that makes sense lol

Back