Insurance

Edit My Images
No
Hiya all, I was wondering how many of you insure your equipment and who you use, I used to use a company who shall remain nameless but all the "horsing" around I had to go through when making a claim was daft! and I had pro cover but it still took over a month to get paid out.
Well it's time to renew my cover and any advice from you guys would be most helpfull.
cheers

I use Photoguard. They offer good cover, no daft excesses, fair (for an insurance company) exclusions and offer optional cover for theft from an unattended motor vehicle subject to a few conditions, such as Thatcham alarm/immobiliser. My policy has a minimum claim of £100 and no excess.

i'm looking at that photoguard, but as i have a discontinued canon 10D, how much would i put for replacement new cost? - would that be similar to the cost of a 20d as that's what replaced it?

wez130 said:
i'm looking at that photoguard, but as i have a discontinued canon 10D, how much would i put for replacement new cost? - would that be similar to the cost of a 20d as that's what replaced it?

I've also got a 10D on my policy and I've done exactly that.

Also before deciding on any one insurance company it may be worth enquiring with your home insurance to see how much extra they would chanrge. Make sure when enquiring that you get a written copy of the terms though, where it is insured, what is insured, what is required from you to ensure cover (and especially be careful about cover for theift from a car). Also make sure that you have a "new for old" policy too.

For some this may be the cheapest way.

Steve's right about this. Personally, my home insurance extended the cover for accidential damage, in and away from the home, loss whilst being swept away etc etc.

i did the home insurance thing, they wanted an extra £9/month, so not cheaper for me :(

Like everything else I suppose it depends on who your home insurance cover is with and what your personal circumstances are, its still worth checking with them if you are just beginning to look for cover, for some it will be the cheapest option, for others it won't :)

Back