Interesting mix of lenses arrived from the auction house

Name
Morris
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of weeks ago I bid on a lot that contained a lens I was after and a lens of a focal length I was after and other random lenses; it arrived yesterday. Here's what I got:

Tamron 200mm F/3.5 (04B) - very good condition and one I wanted to add to my Tamron collection. I'll post some pictures from it this weekend.

Sigma 24mm F/2.8 Super-Wide II AF - optically seems very good but the dreaded Zen Coating on the aperture ring leaves residue on the fingers. I'll need to clean that up. I'm taking it out for a spin today.

Minolta MD Zoom 75-150mm F/4 - Very good condition all round. I don't have a Minolta anymore so this will go for sale.

Takumar A Zoom 28-80mm F/3.5-4.5 - good condition but I think I'll sell it on as I already have a Tamron SP 28-80mm on my Pentax ME Super

SMC Pentax M Zoom 75-150mm F/4 - keeping this one for the ME Super

SMC Pentax FA 28-80mm F/3.5-5.6 - I haven't tried it yet but it feels cheap and low budget.

They came with a mix of caps and filters and step and step down rings which is handy.

and now the bonkers stuff:

Vivitar Series 1 200mm F/3.5 Auto Focus Telephoto - seem in decent condition and it moves the focuser with the buttons when you put in three AAA batteries. It is a Nikon AI/S mount so I bought an adapter last night and when it arrives I will give this thing a go. It is surprisingly light for the best that it is, it has the 67mm filter thread like my old Olympus 50-200SWD. Looking in from the front is like looking into a void :D

Cosina 75-200mm F/4.5 Macro Auto Focus Lens - works like the Vivitar except it also has zoom buttons. Sadly there is some haze under the top element and it's an FD mount and I don't have an adapter to see how it looks. Oh well!

So a pretty good haul, I should come away with three keepers and the rest will go off for sale. I have to say that the inability to inspect the items closely does mean the gamble in bidding is a bit more but that's part of the fun I guess.

Last edited:
Wow! You have been busy. I can vouch for the Pentax 75 - 150, it's a very good lens.

Back