Interesting scam E-mail

Les McLean

In Memoriam
Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
Got this scam E-mail today, nothing unusual in that, normally I just delete them, but I thought the senders E-mail address was quite funny.

My Dear Les McLean
It is quite unrealistic sending such message over the internet because of numerous nefarious activities, hacking and scams that befall the world these days; but I apologise for this and would humbly wish you pardon my ignorance and spend some time to think over my proposal.
My name is Graham Peter, a government accredited resident attorney/ Counsel, Principal Partner with Graham Peter and Solicitors, 10 Des Voeux Rd Central- Hong Kong . I was called to the Hong Kong Bar in 1985.
I have a business proposition for you concerning my client that died during the tsunami in Indonesia . This has been bothering me for months now and I feel I can share the suggestion with someone I can trust. I don't know you from Adam but I believe we can be of mutual benefit to each other. For assisting me, you will be entitled to 30% of the total principal while we would invest 20% in charity homes. Should you be interested, please forward to me your full name, contact address, contact telephone and fax number to enable me ascertain your trustworthiness and send the details to you.

I anticipate your cooperation to this matter as the urgency and secrecy implies.

Yours Faithfully,

GrahamPeter
Principal Partner
Graham Peter and Solicitors,
10 Des Voeux Rd Central Hong Kong

I decided to respond (using a throwaway E-mail address) with inspiration from http://www.419eater.com/

Dear Mr. Peter,

Your letter came as quite a shock I must say!

My company (Sycone Packaging Systems) has just moved to bigger premises, and things have been extremely busy for me recently. My partner, Mr. Stan Laurel is unfortunately ill at the moment, so this has made things all the more busy for me; yet another fine mess he got me into. Unfortunately, due to the nature of his illness he is often away from work. Only this morning I have had to hire in some extra help for me, and I was delighted that this morning a great gentleman by the name of Mr. Oliver Hardy came to take over from my sick colleague. Oliver seems to be a kind Godly man, though he does seem to eat quite a lot (fat b****rd). I only hope that Laurel and Hardy are able to work together once Mr. Laurel returns to work
Anyway, I digress. Your letter is very welcome at this stressful time, and I cannot doubt that the amount you are offering would be of great help to my company. Don't get me wrong, we do have a lot of spare cash for investment in new packaging machines, but I am hesitating on spending it until Stan is back at work with me. As I write, I have £32,750 stashed away in my desk (I don't need to tell you how to avoid the taxman I'm sure!) but of course, a 30% share of the total principle would go a along way to making things easier as my 'habit' takes up quite a lot of my spare cash.
So, to cut to the chase, I would be very interested in your proposition, but of course I would require more proof that your intentions are honourable. Of course I would like to keep this business deal as secret as possible. I would prefer it if Stan were not made aware of these emails as he is a very suspicious person (and I suspect a homosexual to boot).

May God bless you and your family,
L. McLean
Sycone Packaging Systems.

After a couple of days I received a response, won't bore you with the details, here is a sample of the drivel

I would need your promise to treat me like your own brother, showing total honesty of purpose, committment and trustworthyness to deal with us and not take advantage of our situation here. As soon as I get your reassurance to this project as requested, I will get back to you with details and work out the modalities for us to achieve our goal fast.

Anyway he's asked for my phone number to reach me directly which I have done.

+44 (0)909 105 2 106

Hopefully he'll here the dulcet tones of Sally, Ellie, Sadie, Penny, Isobel, Madeleine and many, many others.

And as an extra bonus he can chat to his favourite girl about anything!

All for the bargain price of £1 per minute.

And as he also requested a copy of my passport, which I've sent him as an E-mail attachment, unfortunately not being very good at scanning, I've tried 54 different ways of doing this, and lordy be, each file is between 1mb and 2mb in size, I hope he is understanding, as I informed him that I'm not sure which of the 54 will work, but if he tries each one, I'm sure he'll find the correct one in the end.

The plot thickens, another E-mail

As explained to you on my series of emails, the supreme court have appointed you as administrator(s) to take charge of the deceased estate following the condition that he died without making any will. This is the Hong Kong supreme court procedure.

And here is the start of the 'sting'

Thereafter, I had to apply for Probate or Letters of Administration in order to be recognised legally as the executor(s) or administrator(s) of the deceased person's estate
To apply for probate or Letters of Administration, a number of documents have to be prepared and filed (after payment of filing fees) at the Probate Registry of the relevant District in Hong Kong. It cost me well over US$11,000 to US$15,000 to get these papers done and some backdated. This I have done judiciously with almost all my life savings as agreed

He's requested I send a family photograph (so that he knows who he is dealing with)

My response

Dear Mr Peter,

Thank you for the recent E-mail in which you detailed our business venture so eloquently and succinctly.

As requested, a family photograph, as you can see, that is I with my darling wife and children, with grand-mama (such a sweet creature).

The other two gentlemen are Mr Laurel and Mr Hardy, you may recollect I mentioned them in my previous communication.

The smaller of the two is Mr Hardy, a jovial gentleman, I'm afraid he recently lost his hair, therefore feels such Chump at Oxford when he's working over at the County Hospital.

The taller, erect gentleman is Mr.Laurel, he does worry me considerably because he does seem to be erect for most of the time.

Anyway, enough of my inane chatter, it would be appreciated if you could reciprocate and send me a photograph of your family.

To enable me to verify that it's genuine, could you ask one member of the family to hold up a sign that says 'WELL HELLO SAILOR'

Yours Facetiously

addams01.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
There is a web site and I can't think what its called but its all to do with advice on winding these (f) suckers up. You seem to have a pretty good idea though :clap:
Ps I do hope Stanley gets better soon :D

edit Ah I see now it was 419 I was refering too

:D Please keep us informed of future developments on how to scam a scammer as things are quite dull here in Scotland.
From Ben Doon and Phil McCavity.

Great fun, Les........... keep us posted!!! (y)

les your a bad man.. pmsl.

Pmsl.... I'd love to have the nerve to get into an email war with one of these scammers. Keep us posted Les (y)

[S4]Definitely a subscription thread[/S4]

If only I had the imagination and vocabulary to do something similar. Looking forward to the next installment.

top quality les, keep up the good work

Back