International Balloon Fiesta '07

Edit My Images
Yes
Having only just joined the forum this morning (!) and have only recently introduced myself to photography I've attached a couple of pictures taken at the International Baloon Fiesta, Bristol UK in Aug '07.

Any comment would be much apretiated as I've never had any of my pics critiqued before!

Apologies, if this is in the wrong forum, I am just finding my way about!:)

1081860250_cb5faedabc.jpg

1081951426_3394a83bff.jpg

1080960667_f9d201192b.jpg

1081967742_f475cac2f0.jpg

1080808343_5ac6f683c0.jpg

Hi,

You've some nice sharp shots there. Especially the 2nd with the snowman.

As to the forum, some people might grumble that a baloon isnt transport, but it works for me.

Hi

Welcome to the forum, you have some very good shots there.

Nice shots - I really like number 4 - the EDF one shot from underneath

Hi,
As to the forum, some people might grumble that a baloon isnt transport, but it works for me.

I worked on the principle that if you got in one it would "transport" you somewhere?...or is that scraping the barrel a bit?!

Thanks for the comments...looking forward to contributing more.

Knob on (y)

I so want to go to a balloon festival.

Living in Bristol it was always one of those things that happens but never went too (mostly because it was always rained/winded off) but you saw over the sights of Bristol.

Went this year and IIRC 114 balloons took off in the morning I took these pics. Not just a case of them going up and disapearing over the horizon either. Well worth the 4:30am alarm call....

defo not transport. More suited to Nudes & Glamour :p

I'm still kicking myself for not going to that event. It's just down the road.

Some cracking shots there. And welcome to the nut house.

Lovely shots, especially #3. Not usually a fan of strong saturation but it's needed on subjects like these I think.

I've been trying to get such rich sky blues myself and failing horribly :(

welcome, some wicked shots there,keep saying every year "gotta do the balloon festival" next year defo. (y)

Wow very colourful and sharp pictures.

What body and lens combo have you used for this.

Andy

great colours, nothing like that up here as far as I know, shame :(

Wow very colourful and sharp pictures.

What body and lens combo have you used for this.

Andy

I've chosen the D50 as this is my first DSLR camera and these were taken using a Sigma 70-300 APO lens with Sigma Polariser Filter.

Here are a few more I'm not so pleased with...taken on the same morning....the first was simply too difficult to not cut the balloons out of the frame as there was so many and just kept on coming!

1081900780_280c29cbeb.jpg

1081830782_5aaccf6619.jpg

1081875712_7efeb55df5.jpg

:LOL

I think for as long as I remember the weather is always poor. This was the first year where every day there was a flight. Last year was too windy the year before too hot, the year before too wet....:thinking:

Although that morning I went they were fighting with fog

@Morph

I've only just taken up photogrpahy the last 12 months or so and chose the D50 as this is my first DSLR camera. These were taken using a Sigma 70-300 APO lens with Sigma Polariser Filter.

:LOL

I think for as long as I remember the weather is always poor. This was the first year where every day there was a flight. Last year was too windy the year before too hot, the year before too wet....:thinking:

Although that morning I went they were fighting with fog

@Morph

I've only just taken up photogrpahy the last 12 months or so and chose the D50 as this is my first DSLR camera. These were taken using a Sigma 70-300 APO lens with Sigma Polariser Filter.

Stunning, i'm going to get the same lens for my new Sony Alpha. Hope I get as good quality shots as you've captured.
Regards Neil

Back