internet explorer 8

No problems here either.

Had no problems yet, running XP

Had a few problems with it on XP. Screen freeze and failure to open new screens from links a few times.

My advice to anyone thinking of downloading IE8 is .. don't :LOL: I've had nothing but problem with mine, especially it deciding quite often to shut down or crash!

Fine here on XP and Vista

On vista home premium here and min seems to open multiple tabs some times.
very annoying I end up having to close it down.

My advice to anyone thinking of downloading IE8 is .. don't :LOL: I've had nothing but problem with mine, especially it deciding quite often to shut down or crash!

Ditto, using IE8 with yahoo browser and it was rubbish, switch to Google Chrome, Ok, its in a beta version at the moment, but have had no problems since switching.

Have been running IE8 all year with XP64 without any problems and it's a lot quicker than Firefox.

Have been running IE8 all year with XP64 without any problems and it's a lot quicker than Firefox.

Which version of Firefox?

3.5 was a massive leap in speed, for me it's now even faster than Chrome and IE couldn't touch Chrome.

3.5 was a massive leap in speed, for me it's now even faster than Chrome and IE couldn't touch Chrome.

3.0.10 so I will have a wee download.

Chrome was fast but no Exif and a right pain to get rid of all its traces!

For me Firefox 3.5 is still slower then IE8 or Chrome but there's not much in it except at startup which is noticably slower. It's also temporarily lost colour management until there's an updated plugin. But it is way, way faster than the snail it had become.

Not much in it speedwise between IE8 and FF 3.5 once they are both up and running.

However FF still takes ages to load initially and doesn't allow Iexif data at the roll of a mouse.

It does however countdown in ebay auctions which is neat.

I will stick with IE8 for now.

I had IE8 a few months ago and couldnt get it off my PC fast enough then came SP2 with IE8 inc so put it back on and since the upgrade from SP1 to SP2 it runs just spot on on Premium

As a web developer, can anyone who uses internet explorer PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update to IE8?! And encourage all your internet explorer using friends to do the same!

upgraded but its not pretty, lots of stuff to fiddle with, and i find some sites are painful to use now

Back