iPad: How can I find out which carrier I am locked to?

Edit My Images
No
I am test riding someone's iPad(Classic). This person told me that he thinks the iPad is locked to Three hence I bought a 1GB data micro sim card. Long story short, when I connected the iPad to iTunes, iTunes splatted the message, "The SIM card inserted in this iPad does not appear to be supported". :crying:

How can I find out to which carrier is this iPad locked to? :thinking:

Hi,

I have an iPad 2 and it is listed on the settings page. Not sure if this is the case on the first edition; probably because i have a sim card installed though...

Cheers,

Tracey

Last edited:
Hi,

I have an iPad 2 and it is listed on the settings page. Not sure if this is the case on the first edition; probably because i have a sim card installed though...

Cheers,

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Under General --> About, I see Network as Not Available and Carrier too as Not Available :(

Last edited:
It all depends where it was looted from.................:LOL:

was it part of a free gift thing from 3mobile? if so it maybe locked to 3 sim only (the one it was activated with)

Last edited:
I think if you log in to Applecare where it tells you the warranty service and everything, it might tell you there?

Apparently the 3G micro sim I bought from eBay is dodgy. I stuck in my T-Mobile micro sim and all was fine & dandy. I am happy the iPad is not locked.

Thanks for all your replies & suggestions.

Back