iPhone keep killing it's sound/signal/itself

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
I keep getting this message, randomly on my 1st Gen iPhone OS 3.0.

It happens all the time and it comes up when:-

- I am not touching the phone

- Listening to music - it'll then cut off the music/sound, you can imagine how annoying that is when listening to a song.

- when i am on the screen doing stuff, it'll pop up and i have to press "NO" to get rid of it. If i press YES, it'll go into Airplane mode and turn off the network and wifi.

- it happens with or without heaphones plugged in

- If there's no headphone plugs in, and it comes up, there is no sound, the phone would ring, but i can't hear it, i can see it on screen but no sound, no vibrate.

- I am not using any accessories with the phone, it even happens with nothing plugged in....

By the time i typed this post, with the phone sitting idle next to me without me touching it once, the screen went from Black (off), to the message coming up, 7 times. Yup, it pops up even when the phone is locked (i can still press the YES/NO) button with it locked.

It is driving me mad, not only I can't hear the phone, it also stops me using it like an iPod as that message cuts off the sound in the headphones too. The phone was working perfectly for 15 months, until Saturday......then it came up for 24 hours, fine for 48 hours and start doing it again this morning.......It's not an interference in a local area as I was all over Cardiff on Saturday, on the train across the country, in Hereford and now in Worcester. I've tried rebooting it, turning it on and then off, everything but restore...

Holy Crap - it even turns itself ON !!!!, i got annoyed with it just now as the message came up 5 times in a single minute so i held down the power button and switched it off, and then it switched itself BACK ON !!!!!!!!! WTF ?

EDIT 2 - I thought i was seeing things the first time, or may be i press reboot instead of off.....I switched it off again, MAKING SURE, and it was off for a good 2 minutes, not touching it and watching it.......it just turned itself on again.......:eek:

Rebuild it.... its the same as a PC. Once you install, uninstall, re-install things it just gets ***ked up (for lack of a better term). I periodically rebuild my iPhone and laptop.

Is it a hacked phone?

Have you recently installed anything or made any changes at all? This could be causing the problem.

If not would suggest doing a restore through iTunes, i know this will be a pain as it looks as if it is jailbroken and unlocked and all that will need to be done again.

If that fails could well be a hardware problem in that case who knows :shrug:

HTH

Rebuild it.... its the same as a PC. Once you install, uninstall, re-install things it just gets ***ked up (for lack of a better term). I periodically rebuild my iPhone and laptop.

Is it a hacked phone?

It is a hacked phone, i am on Orange PAYG, as you can see from the screenshot.

I've googled it, it's a very common problem, and it's not a jailbreaking/unlocking related, and it doesn't get fixed by restoring either, some say its dirt in the connector (mine is spotless), some say its moisture (not spilled anything), some say its software (not installed anything new for weeks).

It worked fine, went to Cardiff, started happening.......

I used to get that on my old one, got worse and worse and then it broke completely. turns out the connectors on the bottom plug bit were faulty at the board end and shorting inside causing the phone to think it was plugged into something. Eventually wouldn't charge anymore. Apple wanted £135 to fix it, O2 wouldn't pay despite still having 6 months left on my contract so it got canned.

You should still be under warranty - restore it to default settings (i.e. unjaibreak it) get it back to Apple and let them have a look at it - If there's a problem, they'll either replace it or repair it.

I used to get that on my old one, got worse and worse and then it broke completely. turns out the connectors on the bottom plug bit were faulty at the board end and shorting inside causing the phone to think it was plugged into something. Eventually wouldn't charge anymore. Apple wanted £135 to fix it, O2 wouldn't pay despite still having 6 months left on my contract so it got canned.

You should still be under warranty - restore it to default settings (i.e. unjaibreak it) get it back to Apple and let them have a look at it - If there's a problem, they'll either replace it or repair it.

Back