iPhone Photoshop

[sarcasm]

Isn't an Apple iPhone a bit expensive?

I'm sure a length of string, two soup cans, some post-it notes and a couple of crayons would be cheaper....

[/sarcasm]

yes, the phone is quite expensive, but there's no other phone out there that can offer what it does and has such a large app library.

basically, all the software you'd use on the MBP will work just as well on a PC. you've just paid over the odds for a PC that's contained within a lump of aluminium and has a glowing apple logo on the back.

waste. of. money.

i also find it funny that people buy Apple hardware, then run Windows on them... contradiction much ? ;]

NOTE: this is my OPINION. people are suckered into paying stupid money for Apple equipment thinking it's better than what they had or can get from the PC market. as i said... opinion.

Bit bizarre for someone who thinks Apple products are overpriced to have an iPhone isn't it?

umm, that is in the context of laptops... nice work cross quoting :p

iPhones are overpriced for what they are, just the same as macbooks.

Some people are prepared to pay extra for a bit of polish, aesthetics and a slicker UI. Like you, hypocrite :)

Best Camera's a pretty nice little app, PS might be ok depending on how they price it.

I have it on my iPhone, its not great. It just allows you to add some basic effects, crop.
You can change sketch/soft/exposure/tint/saturation/B&W.
Then again, I didnt really expect CS4 from it :)

yes, the phone is quite expensive, but there's no other phone out there that can offer what it does and has such a large app library.

Actually it's comparably priced to all the other top smartphones out there (when I got my HD it was actually more than a top spec iPhone if I had bought it sim free for example), however it has the air of being more expensive because of the obscene contracts if you buy one through O2.

I didn't realise Adobe had been doing photoshop for WM devices for what appears to be a long time. However anyone know if you can edit them with it? Just seems to be an upload service?

Also, on the iPhone issue, I have had most phones and I have to say, the iphone is the best interface I have used. I only have not upgraded to the 3GS because o2 have NO loyalty to customers. I have to pay to end my contract AND pay £100 for the 3GS!!
Been with them for 10+ years. So I will wait... Plus I cant really justify the new one yet lol

Also, on the iPhone issue, I have had most phones and I have to say, the iphone is the best interface I have used. I only have not upgraded to the 3GS because o2 have NO loyalty to customers. I have to pay to end my contract AND pay £100 for the 3GS!!
Been with them for 10+ years. So I will wait... Plus I cant really justify the new one yet lol

Oh they do, except for you iphone customers.:p

I regularly get at least 30% off my bills and a free top of the range phone when I phone up at the end of my contract, and that's without bartering.:LOL:

iPhones are overpriced for what they are, just the same as macbooks.

Some people are prepared to pay extra for a bit of polish, aesthetics and a slicker UI. Like you, hypocrite :)

Best Camera's a pretty nice little app, PS might be ok depending on how they price it.

calling me a hypocrite are we ?
show me one phone that has been on the market since the iPhone 3g was released that has the same app library as the iPhone (ovi store is crap, WebOS store is crap, Win Mobile store is crap). then show me a phone that is as easy to develop for, and can do some of the stuff the iPhone is capable of. then show me something a PC laptop can't do that a Apple laptop can...

might wanna check your facts before calling someone names.

i'll wait...

calling me a hypocrite are we ?
show me one phone that has been on the market since the iPhone 3g was released that has the same app library as the iPhone (ovi store is crap, WebOS store is crap, Win Mobile store is crap). then show me a phone that is as easy to develop for, and can do some of the stuff the iPhone is capable of. then show me something a PC laptop can't do that a Apple laptop can...

might wanna check your facts before calling someone names.

i'll wait...

I know this is not aimed at me, however your agument is flawed, WM may not have an apps store but there are FAR more apps out there for it than even the iPhone, it just involves looking around at a couple of websites. WM is also easy to develop for (although the difference in hardware is an issue yes, however also a positive because it means there are plenty of different systems for people to choose from...) and can do all the iphone can do, and then some.

The main difference is the interface, much like a windows PC WM is far more customisable than OSX on the iPhone, which means people often spend a lot of time customising it to exactly their needs, instead of customising themselves to the way the phone works as such. OSX is also more "showy", not necesssarily better however depending on your tastes.:)

Oh they do, except for you iphone customers.:p

I regularly get at least 30% off my bills and a free top of the range phone when I phone up at the end of my contract, and that's without bartering.:LOL:

Yes I know!, I used to get plenty of good deals off them till I moved to the iPhone!!!!
Belive me, when my 3G is up in Feb, I will go on a simplicity contract!!

I know this is not aimed at me, however your agument is flawed, WM may not have an apps store but there are FAR more apps out there for it than even the iPhone, it just involves looking around at a couple of websites. WM is also easy to develop for (although the difference in hardware is an issue yes, however also a positive because it means there are plenty of different systems for people to choose from...) and can do all the iphone can do, and then some.

The main difference is the interface, much like a windows PC WM is far more customisable than OSX on the iPhone, which means people often spend a lot of time customising it to exactly their needs, instead of customising themselves to the way the phone works as such. OSX is also more "showy", not necesssarily better however depending on your tastes.:)

i wouldn't say my arguement is flawed. you will find that the majority of WM5 apps wont work under WM6, and i'm pretty sure a large majority of WM6 apps wont work under WM7 (when it's released). all iPhone apps (except those foolishly programmed just for the 3gs) work on pretty much all iPod Touch/iPhone hardware. i dont expect to sit down and configure a phone to work how i want it to work - as it should work that way out of the box. the iPhone gives users just enough customisation to allow them to have a "personalised phone" without allowing them to change absolutely everything about the OS, but also without restricting them and preventing them from doing anything.

however, comparing a phone OS to a desktop/notebook OS is not going to get us anywhere - as Windows 7 allows you to customise quite a lot while OSX allows you to customise very little. i cant get on with OSX purely because it's too restrictive, but i get frustrated with Windows 7 due to the amount of time it takes to configure it to work how you want.

i still believe people spend way too much on PC hardware just because it's branded with an Apple logo - you're paying a premium for the name. however this is not the case with the iPhone/iPod Touch purely because it IS the best item on the market at the moment. that cannot be said of any of Apple's desktop/notebook products.

I've just acquired the Photoshop app on my jailbroken handset, will try it out later.

Cant really find much use for it tbh. Probably will only downloaded because of the adobe brand name (imo)

i wouldn't say my arguement is flawed. you will find that the majority of WM5 apps wont work under WM6, and i'm pretty sure a large majority of WM6 apps wont work under WM7 (when it's released). all iPhone apps (except those foolishly programmed just for the 3gs) work on pretty much all iPod Touch/iPhone hardware. i dont expect to sit down and configure a phone to work how i want it to work - as it should work that way out of the box. the iPhone gives users just enough customisation to allow them to have a "personalised phone" without allowing them to change absolutely everything about the OS, but also without restricting them and preventing them from doing anything.

however, comparing a phone OS to a desktop/notebook OS is not going to get us anywhere - as Windows 7 allows you to customise quite a lot while OSX allows you to customise very little. i cant get on with OSX purely because it's too restrictive, but i get frustrated with Windows 7 due to the amount of time it takes to configure it to work how you want.

i still believe people spend way too much on PC hardware just because it's branded with an Apple logo - you're paying a premium for the name. however this is not the case with the iPhone/iPod Touch purely because it IS the best item on the market at the moment. that cannot be said of any of Apple's desktop/notebook products.

What exactly do you think is different between an iPhone and say....a HTC Hero? It's just the operating system. Apple offer a more appealing user experience, it's what their brand is all about, and it's why people pay a premium for OSX. Android will do everything the iPhone OS will, and it'll do it without placing artificial restrictions on functionality.

That Mac hardware is superior to the competition is just a bonus. If you actually start looking at equivalent machines in terms of portability and quality of finish, they are very competitive. The closest and PC manufacturer has got to the quality of the Macbook hardware is the HP Envy which is probably a bit more expensive if you start comparing components.

True, however the vast majority of apps out there are for WM6, and most will almost certainly work on WM7 when it comes out (just like programs designed for XP work with Vista and will work with 7). As you state there Apple have the same problem with a few of their apps (although I admit most are hardware based) but it could be the shape of things to come, they are starting to get a range of phones with different hardware, which is when things start to stuff up (god help them if they ever decide to change the resolution...).

You don't have to configure the phone to work the way you want to, just like a PC OS, it works out the box, however with WM you have the option if you so want to customise your phone to Antactica and back, making it perfectly suited for you (just look at a screenshots thread on XDA). Compare that to the iPhone, where there is very little you can change, and everyones iPhone software looks identical. I personally have left my HD almost as stock, I've changed the background and that's about it, works perfectly fine for me, and I can't see the point of going further at the moment.:)

I disagree, phone OS's and a PC OS's are increasingly conjoining, there is a reason the other name for WM phones is "Pocket PC". Just as on the Phone OS's, whos names are borrowed (and styled) from their PC equivilents the windows OS's are very customisable, whereas the Apple OS's are very much an "as is" system (not necessarily bad, but also a pain sometimes, hence me saying "customising themselves to the phone").

A question for you, Vista and W7 work out the box perfectly fine so if there was little customisation available (like OSX) would that be better? Instead of trying to customise windows for your own tastes would you instead just customise yourself to the style?

They do to an extent, however the same could be said for the iPhone (especially before the 3Gs), low spec hardware surrounded by a "slick" shell and an apple logo. Hardware wise it was a 2-3 year old phone when released, any other brand would have sold it for a couple of hundred at most, Apple on the other hand sold it for more than double... (And lets be honest, it wasn't a unique device, it was, and is, still just a PDA with an ariel, like dozens of phones before and since). "The best", well that's a very personal opinion, ipods have never been particularly good as actual mp3 players (poor sound quality compared to the real market pros, Sony, Cowan etc.) and although the iTouch is pretty good it has been superceded at the moment by both the Sony Wlakman X series and the Zune HD. "The best" is what I always buy, and ~6 years ago I was looking for an mp3 player, so I looked up "the best", and that was the Creative Muvu 2, I took it over the iPod 1g (bigger, uglier and poorer sound quality), then a year ago my Muvu broke and so I went looking again, this time I went again for "the best" on the market at the time, the Sony Walkman S-Series (although it was a close run thing, Cowan had a very good competitor and the new Nano was pretty good, shame about the SQ an iTunes however). If I were to go for "the best" touch screen media player tomorrow then It would be a toss up between the X series and the Zune, probably the X-Series however as it really is that good, unfortunately the iTouch is somewhere below them in "the best" stakes.

It's true... if you're sat in a coffee shop along with a chap on a windows laptop, you can guarantee the lady will be sitting next to you ;):D

not because of your laptop choice, but because it's blatently obvious you have excess money to spend :p

warm
upright
breathing

any 2 of the 3 is good.

I think that this stance may change in the New Year when other major UK Mobile companies get the right to flog the iPhone. The whole market, I think, is going to change with prices dropping and the iPhone deals becoming available.

Chris

Back