Ipod touch.........

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking at getting one of these to show potential clients photos etc. How aer they for the quality?

Also 8GB or 16GB, how much GB does a movie normally take. Also are apps normally free?

thanks

Mark

Movies depend on compression, Where are you going to be getting films from? I have seen photos on them they look pretty good.

Can Apps still be put on them like an Iphone?

I have had an ipod touch since last November - mostly the experience has been good.

They look beautiful and since the 2.0 upgrade their functionality is pretty good. Perhaps if you need a certain app for a reason, have a look on iTunes first. Remember that this is not an iPaq.

I have two issues. When upgrading the firmware both of ours get into a restore loop that is difficult and time expensive to get out of. The second issue is that the bookmarks are ineffective for Audible books - unless you subscribe to Audible.co.uk this will probably not affect you.

Good aspects. The battery life is still pretty good - I use it daily and proba bly charge it once or twice a week. If you use a cheap screen protector (off ebay) the screen stay bright and nice. 8Gb is plenty for me - I know what sort of music I like and tend to dump what I don't like. If you want to use it to store loads of films, buy big, possibly something far far bigger than the largest touch.

The way it displays pictures is nice - certainly scrolling through pictures is impressive for those that have not seen it before.

Apple will etch something on the back free of charge. Had I not had mine etched I would flog it and buy an Archos 605/705.

Ask any other questions!

Chris

Can you have lots of individual albums to store photos?

...now I'll anwser your questions. To get a film onto your iTouch you will need to rip it to your hard drive and then convert it to the right screen size. If you want some guidance on what freewaqre I use to do it, let me know. They are a few hundred Mb minimum. Because of the screen size they look and sound pretty good - but it is some effort to get the films there.

I think that all the apps work on the iTouch, some will only work when in a WiFi areas and some may use the GPS functionality of the phone (and the touch does not have GPS).

Chris

Yes please. I'm looking to show future clients photos and would be easier to show by album not have to flick through 000's

Yes please. I'm looking to show future clients photos and would be easier to show by album not have to flick through 000's

I would not be inclined to show a portfolio on an iTouch. They are ripped down and although you can zoom in a bit it is not a sales tool.

Just showing the idea of the photo really. if you get what i mean. The quality looks pretty good to show what you can do.

To get an idea of Movie converting, get hold of HANDBRAKE and give it a whirl.

Its freeware and is very flexible. This will give you an idea of final file sizes. Most movies come in at aroung 1gb. Took my 16gb iPhone to north wales last week loaded with 8 movies (Glad i did as it rained non-stop for the whole week with the exception of 3 hours!)

Thanks, Is the freeware stuff safe?

Pefectly safe, and fully functional.

There are commercial versions of this type of software available if you feel safer spending money, but why do it if ther is no need to?

Back