IRB Photo of The Year

I unfortunately missed the deadline for submitting as I was on holiday, however I think all 6 are good photos.

My personal favourite is image 6. Good technical photo with an interesting subject and composition.

Darn - I'd have entered had I known anything about it. 6 very different shots there with a nice mix of styles. I think I like the South African one the best.

Ah Andy, I'd figured you'd already got the email...I sent it to a few guys I know.

Sorry! I'll remember next year!

I thought there were a nice mix giving an international and a wider appreciation of rugby, but a shame they were too big to view on my monitor. I liked the last one 'burning desire' - looks like he has indigestion.

I didnt know owt about this either.. but then again I wouldnt have found a pic of mine to enter... until after viewing the top 6 which dont honestly do a great lot for me.. a couple are nearly there but not quite... the indian girls playing rugby is good.. but if you where in india viewing it.. might not be so good.. more like a snapshot... the value is the diff country culture thing..

Thanks for the link, what month do they usually start accepting entries (for next year)?

6 is probably my favourite and while 5 is a good image, it doesn't really stand out at all for me.

Dont like any of those photos, the snow one is a good capture, but none of them are well taken

I'd be very pleased with myself if I'd captured the Flying Samoan (No 3)

Which was the winner I believe... always nice to get the agency some recognition!

So that was Barclays Premier League Photo of the year (runner-up)
IRB Photo of the year (winner)
Sports Journalist Association Sports Photographer of the year (winner)

Good year for the employers!

I like number 6. To be honest, I've seen better (in my opinion) on here though though, one that sticks in my mind was posted on here by Tobers I think, a snarling Lewis Moody diving for the ball which was I think against the All Blacks at the back end of last year.

Fantastic image, I bet it'd look great in print.

I like number 6. To be honest, I've seen better (in my opinion) on here though though, one that sticks in my mind was posted on here by Tobers I think, a snarling Lewis Moody diving for the ball which was I think against the All Blacks at the back end of last year.

Fantastic image, I bet it'd look great in print.

Thanks! Yes indeed it looks great in print. I'd have entered that one for sure.

Back