is there a shortage of Nikon 50mm?

Edit My Images
No
i'v been looking all over the net for ones at a good price as i want one form the UK. Jessops have non nor do warehouse express! Anyone know anybody selling them at a good price?

1.8, 1.4 or af-s?

Have you actually phoned / been in your local Jessops?

Lenses are sometimes in stock that do not show on the website (my nifty was anyway!)

Pete MC had a similar issue recently.
I ought to start asking for commission, you'll be the third person I send to camera world in a week now:
http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/ViewPr...Nikon 50mm f1.8 AFD&CAT_CODE=2&SUBCAT_CODE=33

Phone them to make sure it's in stock. I've bought from them a few times, they're quite good.

ok right now i have money burning a hole in my pocket i want one! i've been on the phone to at least 10 different camera stores in london and no one has one! i'm going up to oxford street area this afternoon so if anyone has any ideas i would be forever in your debt!

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have put it to one side! london here i come! got to get there by 1pm though!!

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have put it to one side! london here i come! got to get there by 1pm though!!

It's a great lens, I hope you enjoy it!

Apparently their shop is very impressive, i wouldn't be suprised if you left with other things!

Yer when I was buying my gear it was nearly impossible to find a 50 1.8. I got lucky and the local Jessops had one in. No-one else really seemed to.

I got lucky getting mine from jessops online.

If you don't get on with it as it will be manual focus on your D40, they always hold there value well and you could get rid of it on the classifieds forum.

I had the same issue when looking for mine, got mine from jacobs in the end :)

There always seems to be a shortage when it comes down to the 50mm 1.8. I was lucky as London Camera Exchange in Nottingham had a one in stock where as both Jessops and Jacobs had none.

ok right now i have money burning a hole in my pocket i want one! i've been on the phone to at least 10 different camera stores in london and no one has one! i'm going up to oxford street area this afternoon so if anyone has any ideas i would be forever in your debt!

Probably a little late here, but Camera World is on Wells Street, which is just off Oxford Street.

If you're walking from the Tottenham Court Road end to Oxford Circus it's just after the plaza on the right. If you continue all the way up Wells Street and turn right at the end there's a pub called The Green Man which does great cider and good food.

once again everyone thanks for your help! when and got the one from Guys of Westminster. Got to say one thing if you are a nikon fan then you will love their shop! very helpful people and swift service!

i spent ages on the phone to shops in london! everyone was saying that they have not had any since 2 weeks before xmas! the only jessops that had one was either Chelmsford or kingston!

Back