Is there something special about this lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
Just clearing out a house after the death of a parent and came across some old cameras. Looked them up on ebay, most of them are going for pennies. Until I found a bellows camera, looks like it is a Voightlander Bergheil with photographic plates that go in the back. Seems ok, can't be worth much if it is in my house, but looking around the net and ebay, seems like it has a rare lens in it, a Heliar 3.5 13.5cm. Someone is selling one on ebay now for £515. What I was wondering, please, is it a rare lens, is it really worth that much and if it is what is the best thing to do with it? Thanks

I would say no - the shutter is pretty average, the two Ebay offerings are (you may note) still for sale one with no bids and one a buy it now. Not to say it's worthless - far from it - but I think using Ebay as a pricing medium is going to get you in trouble every time.

The complete camera though is damned pretty, and will sell well given a sensible price (of which sadly I have no idea). It *is* one of the better cameras of it's time though which counts for a lot since it's most likely still in usable condition. So use it!

*edit - there is a section set aside for valuations in the classified area you know? I suspect posting this here may be a little close to the knuckle of the rules...

Last edited:
*edit - there is a section set aside for valuations in the classified area you know? I suspect posting this here may be a little close to the knuckle of the rules...

Thanks, but I tried to access the classified area, but wasn't allowed to

Thanks, but I tried to access the classified area, but wasn't allowed to

Hmmm... so you decided to post in here anyway.

Don't count on getting access to the classifieds anytime soon, will you :rules:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back