Is there somewhere to view images on-line?

Name
Mac
Edit My Images
No
Hi - i was wondering if there is a company or a site who offer to hold your pictures for people to view privately, say by password?. What im looking for is to load my images onto some kind of website (hosting site?) for friends who ask me to photograph their kids, art, whatever. I would rather this than give them a disc. Ideally if they could view them at home on their own p.c.'s then ask for whatever changes etc i can then offer the final images on either disc or print form. is there such a site or would i be better constructing my own website? any advice or guidance would be great. Also, ive got my flickr site, but i dont always like to post other peoples kids on it (ive had a few weirdie pm's about some images so thats not an option).
Many thanks
Jen:)

Don't flickr have private galleries too?

I use picasa for hosting pics, I can elect if they are public galleries or only available to people when i provide a link. I use that system for any pictures I want to share so they can download them.

Thanks trapper - il check out picassa . im sure flickr do but i was looking for something that wasnt a social networking site, more of a private gallery. There was one on here a while ago but i cant remember the name, it appeared really professional and glossy. i would want only myself to use it and for invited people (say clients) to view their images.

As is Zenfolio, and a lot cheaper than the competition too, just $40 per year.

Zenfolio - thats the one i saw last time. thanks. its pretty cheap i see, will check it out.
If you want to sign up, drop me a PM and I can get a voucher for you for an additional discount.

Also, Zenfolio is feature rich, with all the controls and features you'd expect: security and password access if required - per image or per gallery or both, galleries, collections, download file limits imposed on visitors, themes, layouts, watermarking, selling images (costs more). And a free trial too...

had a look at photium and zenfolio - they both look really good, exactly what im after. i like the look of photium and would rather take a recommendation, particularly if it offers what i need (both do) but also with good service as mentioned by dseered. does zenfolio offer this do you know Music Man? ive read in other forums some take forever to reply to emails or IT are slow in resolving problems etc. Thanks for your help guys

Well, I have never had an issue with Zenfolio to be honest, it's not gone wrong. Any questions I have ever asked via their support system were always responded to quickly. I remember asking about using my own domain name, and they set it up for me!

The forums are pretty good too, with some key users always willing to lend a hand.

Forgot to say that they also offer comments and guestbook functions on your pages.

Using Zenfolio is easy and very intuitive, you'll have found your way in no time. I'd recommend them in an instant - especially for value for money.

Shout if you decide to go with them and want that discount.

My gallery (link in sig) is with Zenfolio.

Musicman - just had a look at your gallery.....very nice, well set out and i like the slideshow option to view in large. can i ask if you can have individuals viewing only their photo collection and not others or do i give a password and they view everything on my gallery? i.e. a password for one client to see "their images only", different password for others? thanks for this info, im going to check out both of these sites further and il get back to you with your kind offer of additional discount. cheers Jen

Windows Live Skydrive gives you 25Gb free

Musicman - just had a look at your gallery.....very nice, well set out and i like the slideshow option to view in large. can i ask if you can have individuals viewing only their photo collection and not others or do i give a password and they view everything on my gallery? i.e. a password for one client to see "their images only", different password for others? thanks for this info, im going to check out both of these sites further and il get back to you with your kind offer of additional discount. cheers Jen
Thanks for the comments.

You can control access on an individual image basis, or on a gallery by gallery basis, and/or on a client by client basis. The level of control can be as simple or as complex as you require. You can give individual clients access to galleries with passwords as required so nobody else can view them without this password.

Hope this helps.

Back