Is this any good?

Kai,
sorry for me it doesn't work.
Firs of all I think its out of focus. Secondly the whole ground is tilted, I think you had your camera in a totally unlevelled position.
I can see probably where you were getting at with the nice colours of the tree emanating from the leaves and the ambient warm glow but you really need a few extra things to pull this out. The wall around etc does'nt help.
I do like the sky colour though that you managed to get.
I would use a solid tripod for these type of shots as I think you needed a very slow shutter speed. Hard to get away without a solid positiioned camera on these type of shots.
You know now why I don't have many landscapes in my portfolio don't you? :). They seem easy but a bleeming heck to pull an eye catching shot. I often see and know exactly what I want from a shot when I see a landscape but then for the life of me I just can't get it on the camera :).
But a good try, keep it up

Kai,

Secondly the whole ground is tilted, I think you had your camera in a totally unlevelled position.

Surely the tree would be growing straight up as it is, and it is growing on a hill? It does need tilting a tad but to the right if anything!

If it was tilted so the fence was horizontal, imagine the angle of the tree!! :D:D

Last edited:
Surely the tree would be growing straight up as it is, and it is growing on a hill? It does need tilting a tad but to the right if anything!

If it was tilted so the fence was horizontal, imagine the angle of the tree!! :D:D

Oh my, I think I was still groggy from having just woken up :)
You are absolutely spot on Janice, apologies for that to the OP.
But I still stand by the rest of my critique points apart from the levelling. Although as you very well mentioned it just needs a little bit. The ground obviously will look tilted,

Back