Is this pc likely to be any good with the latest Lightroom?

Are there Apple branded external drives? Genuine question as I looked on the store and couldn't find any, They're still doing the LaCie drives, of course.
nope.
I bought a Nvme drive and an external housing, plugs into a usb-c port on my Macs and gives you lots of extra storage really cheap

Yes, that was what I thought.

It doesn't affect me, because I use external drives for everything and I'm happy with the transfer speed, even on the 2012 MacBook Pro I, which I currently use as a server.

Incidentally, although my main drives are Mac OS Extended, I also have a couple of additional backups formatted as ExFAT. That means I can plug my data into a Windows or Linux machine without fuss.

I take the view that it's never a bad idea to have a bit of string handy, in case both the belt and the braces fail you! :naughty:

Backup drives Primary and Secondary FZ82 P1010269.JPG

The advantage of a NAS is that you don't have to worry about disk formats and it's always available to all local clients. And when your local network is at least 2.5Gb/s, there's no appreciable delay even on large files. Not so good if you want to take those files with you, of course.....

Back