Is this worth pursuing?

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
I saw an image like this on a contact's flickr...thought I'd have a go.
What do you think of this? I wanted it gritty and grainy. I also wanted it a little more Black & White than this, but when in "hard light" in PS which gave the required image, I couldn't merge or flatten layers as it changed the look of it all. No saving as JPEg, then! Grr.

Anyway...your thought son this...thank you. :)

Ruby Hands 2 by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

I rather like it (y) but I think it would be even more effective if you still had the face behind the hands so that you had the full mouth showing, and being a little picky the lips on the right are lower than on the left and that's a little distracting :)

Matt
MWHCVT

I really like this. Personally, I wouldn't change it - the imperfections are just as much a part of the photograph (if it still is one!) as anything!

I rather like it (y) but I think it would be even more effective if you still had the face behind the hands so that you had the full mouth showing, and being a little picky the lips on the right are lower than on the left and that's a little distracting :)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks. I know what you mean about the cleft...and I intend to do more of these until it is right. The mouth is not lower on the right, though...follow the lip line...:)

I really like this. Personally, I wouldn't change it - the imperfections are just as much a part of the photograph (if it still is one!) as anything!

Thank you. :)

L like it a lot though the idea that matt added may well be a total winner well done

Craig, loving the idea, its fab and very creative... was Ruby the model?

yeah I like that, I would pursue it definitely :)

Craig, loving the idea, its fab and very creative... was Ruby the model?

Yes, that's Ruby...her hands too. I need her to stay still, light it better, and start with a couple of good shots...it will look even better then. If I get it right, the Open Mono competition in February is gonna see this. My club won't have seen this before, even if there are things like it on t'interwebs! :)

yeah I like that, I would pursue it definitely :)

Thank you. :)

Back