isle of sheppey Kent

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Down in kent at mo, Faversham, off to isle of sheppey tomorrow, anyone know of any good locations.
Thanks

Wouldn't bother. Live 10 mins away and try to stay away.

What type of stuff do you want to shoot?

Hi Tim
Looking for seascape, Landscape or anything interesting.
Canterbury looks interesting ?.
Staying at Judds Folly Ospringe at mo, have to take my daughter into Sheppey for interview.so was hoping to capture something interesting whilst in the area.

Down in kent at mo, Faversham, off to isle of sheppey tomorrow, anyone know of any good locations.
Thanks

Hi Tony, Nothing really special down that neck of the woods. Maybe the newish bridge going into Sheppey if you can park up somewhere.

Canterbury is good especially if you walk around some of the back streets. Usually there is some street traders or pavement artiste or musicians doing something. A standard zoom is all you'll need. There's a decent park & ride system there as well. Hope this helps.

Look on my Flickr, the groynes long exposures were minster along with the beach huts.

Leysdown is a run down sea side 'resort' but could do some street stuff/get an ice cream.

Also got the massive bridge that's got some long exposure potential.

Most of my landscape/sea shots are from around that area.

I'm in Canterbury right now and it's a gorgeous day. Though given it's Wednesday, it will be German tourist day (French tend to come Tuesdays and Thursdays). Lots of nice spots and the Friars is well worth a look.

For seascapes you'll want to be closer to the sea :) Whitstable is always fun. But for the most fun try Dungeness ;)

Thanks all.(y)
Back home now.

Isle of sheepy was a disappointment, Minster abbey and the Bridge were the most interesting of places..Leysdown, what a run down place.

Faversham, nice little town with interesting old buildings.Managed to get a few shots early evening.

Canterbury, Must have been there at the same time Jonathan, It was crowded with plenty of tourists. as you said the back streets were ideal, but just to many people. a place one would need to go early morn or late evening. Canterbury tales was interesting.

Back