Isle of Skye advice

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all,

myself and 1 of my friends are planning a little expedition to the Isle of Skye this week. I have a few places on my hit list like - The old man of storr, the Quiraing, Elgol and Neist point. My question is, does anyone know or can any one recommend if these locations
are best shot at sunrise or sunset? Also any other places you might have been to that we should try and get to in our 2 day whirlwind tour of Skye. Will also be visiting the fairy pools but i don't think this is a sunset or sunrise priority.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments. Organising is not my strong point hahaha

Heading up to Skye this week as well and these pictures have given me some ideas so thank you!

Storr, Quairing at the top for morning blue hour/sunrise. At the bottom at late morning you can shoot onto the storr from the bottom there's a near loch . If it's still nab it.

Elgol/Neist point for sunrise. Morning golden hour at sligachan. Skye's great I love it

The only thing I'll add is - take some midge repellant.

Dave

Good to hear the midges are almost finished for the year. Perhaps being a bit more exposed has helped but they were pretty active about 20 miles from Skye on the mainland yesterday.

Dave

Back