It was a wee bit damp at Brands yesterday...56k warning

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Took our Aussie friend to see some motor racing at Brands Hatch yesterday. Rather fortuitously I had ordered upgrade tickets for the MSV stand - INSIDE! :D

I spent the day dry, fed, watered, and with a good view.... very enjoyable and considerably more comfortable than goodwood last weekend.

So, these are just some quick edits, bearing in mind all pics are from 3 floors up and through glass - so a slightly different view to the normal trackside stuff.

DSC_2260.jpg

DSC_2410.jpg

DSC_2392.jpg

DSC_2429.jpg

DSC_2431.jpg

WGI_0252.jpg

...and finally, this fella went off right beneath our window, sending gravel flying as you can see...

WGI_0265.jpg

Curtainly different view, i have never seen before, and the track is almost a second home to me. Quite literary as i camp the many weekends over the year, and those i dont i still visit, unless its BSB somewhere.

Nicely done there, shame about the poor weather.

must get mine processed from yesterday!

Well the 'posh' seats were very cheap for this kind of meeting. An extra £8 on the Gate price, hence I opted for them, and with the weather as bad as it was, it was the best £24 [3 of us went] I have spent this year I think. A great view of them coming out of clearways into Clark corner and off up the straight. There is a balcony a floor up, but the 'awning' thing above the windows obscures the closer views as they come past you, but I imagine fabulous if you have a big fat long lens and a tri/mono pod to hand. The only bit of the short circuit you can't see from there is druids unfortunately. My other half and our friend went for a walk over there during one dry period, but I have spent sooooo many hours stood getting either pished wet through or sunburnt at race tracks, I decided to stay put and enjoy the one off comfort :LOL: :LOL:

The last pic was one of a series of three - trouble is I had the D200 with the 70-300 lens on in my hand, and fully out at 300mm...by the time I had pulled it in enough I only caught the end of his escapade, and thats probably the best shot, though will edit and post #2 of the 3 later, as the car looks momentarily like its going to dig in and flip sideways.

However, today we are off for a day trip to france - by the time our Aussie friend leaves next week, I will have so many pics to go through, I will be at it for weeks.... :nuts: :help: :LOL:

cya laters guys

Back