It was bound to happen (Lens Droppage)

Name
Dylan
Edit My Images
Yes
After a year and a half of good photography, i had my first accident today. As i was swopping my 17-85 for my sigma 100-300, the little 17 slipped and fell out of my hands, smashed on the floor

The result:

A smashed up lens filter:
filter.jpg

First thing i did was gently put my 100-300 down and kneel down by the side of the lens, Put it on my camera and try it out. It seemd to work fine as with the IS.

The filter unfortunatley was jammed on, and i have had to cut this off with a Dremel. The lens now now has tiny specs of dust inside, however these are not visable on the photos.

The lens itsself seems fine, infact i think its taking better photos, here are a few 100% crops strait out of the camera with her. What do you think?

1.jpg

100% Crop

crop1.jpg

2.jpg

100% Crop

crop2.jpg

All in all i think that i have had a very lucky escape. The filter only cost £20 replace in my local shop, and the lens still works. I think i will have to buy a lens hood now though, seems to make sense.

If anyone can think of any tests i can perform to see if the lens is ok, please let me know.

Ouch.... looks like you were unlucky to drop it but luck the damage is so minimal. Keep a tight hold next time ;)

Yeah been lucky this time!

Back