Italian Church

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
No
After many wild landscapes, here some shots from the Town of Finale Ligure (Ligurian city, in the nortwest Italy), in particular of the rich and beautiful Saint Biagio's Church. The first two shots have been slightly corrected in their perspective with photoshop since I couldn't use my tripod and my spirit level there.

3689193545_dee9267280_o.jpg

3689999298_4ef7dc6002_o.jpg

3689193703_5c7b9cb853_o.jpg

yes ... lovely photos ... magnificent Church ! Would make for some fantastic Wedding photos .. :)

ps : Why the spirit level .. ? the D700 has one built in :thinking:

Lovely photographs
Thank you!

yes ... lovely photos ... magnificent Church ! Would make for some fantastic Wedding photos .. :)

ps : Why the spirit level .. ? the D700 has one built in :thinking:

Thanks! Yeah, it's a perfect church for the weddings (y)

The D700 has its virtual spirit level, but it works in a plane only ;)

Fantastic shots..love them. Especially the 3rd one. How did you expose them so perfectly?
Did you use much PP?

Amazing location and some great shots...

(y)

-H

Thanks for your comments(y)

What sort of settings were you using?

I used neutral settings of my D700 with saturation enhanced only, and a low D-lighting on camera. Then in postproduction I corrected WB, distortion and levels/curves. These shots are all at high iso settings, where my D700 is amazing, not only for the little amount of noise but also for the beautiful colors (photo n° 1 is at 6400iso) :eek:

Fantastic shots..love them. Especially the 3rd one. How did you expose them so perfectly?
Did you use much PP?

Hi, see above. For the exposure I used A (Canon's Av) mode with a medium-low f/ setting and auto ISO (limit set at 6400 iso). I think in some situations, completely manual settings are a waste of time only, especially when you are sightseeing in the cities...I usually correct the exposure when needed, indeed. The technique is never put aside ;)

Last edited:
those are terrific pictures
composition, subject and exposure all spot on
excellent work! :clap:

That first shot, for me, is the best of an excellent set.

I know we all like different things and we all see things differently but that first shot for me is the best shot posted on here for some weeks. I absolutely love it, well done Andrea.

those are terrific pictures
composition, subject and exposure all spot on
excellent work! :clap:

That first shot, for me, is the best of an excellent set.

I know we all like different things and we all see things differently but that first shot for me is the best shot posted on here for some weeks. I absolutely love it, well done Andrea.

Thank you for your beautiful comments and in general I'm vary happy that you appreciate this beautiful church (y)

Back