It's a bugs life

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Third day out with D7000 and Tamron 90mm Macro lens. I I think I am getting the hang of it now, although for every decent shot, I have six which are pure mince, due to camera shake when the lens is fully open.

Interested to know what you guys think.

One

DSC_4713.JPG

Two

DSC_4751.JPG

Three

DSC_4756.JPG

Four

DSC_4867a.jpg

Many thanks for looking

These are really good. May be a bit of cropping on the last one just to reduce the background a bit.

Good set, the last two have been shot in a more interesting angle. #2 is a good record shot and #1 unfortunately looks out of focus. ;)

architectfadi said:
These are really good. May be a bit of cropping on the last one just to reduce the background a bit.

Yeah I have one cropped closer but I thought it was beginning to lose detail

Ajophotog said:
Good set, the last two have been shot in a more interesting angle. #2 is a good record shot and #1 unfortunately looks out of focus. ;)

Thank. True it isn't completely in focus which by the way I am struggling with when the lens is fully opened and close to object. I just can't hold the camera still enough.

like all the shots, but personally prefer #2, #3 and #4 as their brighter. Love the purple eye on #3

Thank. True it isn't completely in focus which by the way I am struggling with when the lens is fully opened and close to object. I just can't hold the camera still enough.

Try using flash, put camera in manual and set the shutter at 1/200, aperture f11, iso 200 and use manual focussing, set the focus to the closest you can get and move the camera in and out to get the focus exact. Checkout the gear sticky in this forum to get some ideas with diffusing the flash. Hope this helps.

Try using flash, put camera in manual and set the shutter at 1/200, aperture f11, iso 200 and use manual focussing, set the focus to the closest you can get and move the camera in and out to get the focus exact. Checkout the gear sticky in this forum to get some ideas with diffusing the flash. Hope this helps.

Sounds mad but I will give it a go. Thanks for the advise. Why F11 and why not Auto ISO?

Sounds mad but I will give it a go. Thanks for the advise. Why F11 and why not Auto ISO?

This is a good starting point, you need to be able to control the settings so auto just won't do. F11 should give you a fair DOF and not cause softening due to diffraction that smaller F stops can cause. Give it a go and show us how you get on. ;)

This is a good starting point, you need to be able to control the settings so auto just won't do. F11 should give you a fair DOF and not cause softening due to diffraction that smaller F stops can cause. Give it a go and show us how you get on. ;)

Watch this space:)

thank you

Back