I've been banned from B&Q!!!!!!!

Edit My Images
Yes
I was walking round minding my own business when some dweeb in an orange apron came up to me and asked if I wanted decking!

Luckily, I got the first punch in!

:getmecoat

Lol;)

I'm banned from PC World in Doncaster.

there's no punchline. I really am banned.

But you can't leave it at that.....banned for what?

regards

GfK said:
I'm banned from PC World in Doncaster.

there's no punchline. I really am banned.

You wouldnt need to ban me from that place - I give it a wide birth regardless:thumb:

Warspite said:
You wouldnt need to ban me from that place - I give it a wide birth regardless:thumb:
Me too, except on Sunday when I need something and everywhere else is closed.

Was about 18 months ago I would think. I went in for a new mouse, saw one priced £9.99 on the shelf. Got to checkout - £39.99, WTF?! I told 'em it said £9.99 on the shelf and they said they'd put it right but I got to pay £40. Told 'em to keep it.

I've had this 'pricing' lark in PC World before, so I went back 30 mins later to check they'd corrected it or removed items from shelf. There were a couple of such mice on the shelf, including the one I'd taken to the checkout, so obviously someone had been there to put it back. The price on the shelf was still £9.99.

I asked to see manager. He said it was the first he'd heard about it, and he refused point blank to sell me it at the marked price. For me, they are deliberately misleading customers. If I'd been buying a few different things I might not even have noticed they were doing it, which I guess is what they want. Anyway, I'd got one of 'em in my hand at this point, which I placed somewhat heavily back on the shelf.

He accused me of damaging stock, pointed out that they had CCTV and asked me if I wanted him to call the police. :shock:

I said "do what ya like, I'm off", and set off towards the exit. Manager followed, taunting, asking me repeatedly if I wanted him to call the police, even though me and the missus were calmly and quietly leaving.

When we got to the checkouts - in full view of at least a dozen customers, I stopped, turned around and got right in his face. Politely explained that I was sick of PC World price fixing and I was going to go to Trading Standards about it, and that if he'd got any more to say to me, he could join me in the car park outside for a more detailed chat.

Me being a clear foot taller than him and about 10st heavier, he didn't follow me outside. As I got in the car and drove off, I saw him poking his head out the door, presumably writing down my car registration number.

Haven't been in any branch of PC World ever since. So although I'm not formally 'banned', you can see why I class myself as being banned. :)

I think the term 'excluded' is much more PC. ;)

Fair play GFK...ended up with plenty of heated debates myself over prices, or my pet hate..."would you like extra warranty...it might break down you know" :hissyfit: ;)

Best one was when I had bought a 2nd hand 3 series convertible from a BMW dealer & the guy clearly stated it was a 1 owner car. V5 came through with 3 owners, including demo..... very heated debate with Manager who eventually backed down & took the car back........ after I'd done a 1000 miles ;)

PC World near us had a young girl about 16 tops, on one of the checkouts and she was absolutely horrendous. Snatching cards off customers, sullen and just generally rude. The first time I encountered her, I felt the hackles rising on the back of my neck, but decided to let it go as my missus was kicking my ankles and nudging me towards the exit.

A couple of weeks later we stood in a queue at the same checkout, and she was just as bad - if not worse, so it was obviously her usual demeanour.

I asked to see the manager, who came over and stood with me watching her, and her demeanour changed not one jot during this time. Finally he said "Well what do you want me to do about it?" :hand:

Its all the above that has encouraged me to buy about 95% or more of my IT equipment (both for myself and my employer) online for the past 5 years.

Im also finding similar reasons for buying camera equipment online, an example Im truly fed up with is going into my local high street camera shop and asking for small items like lens caps and straps and lens hoods only to get the response of "we dont have any in stock, but we can get some in for you in 5 days":banghead:. I can order it myself for next day - the point of going in the store is one part convenience and the other part trying to spend my money a bit more local, the whole point of a high street store I always thought was the convenience of local business that could give the personal touch but obviously this concept is lost and I find it infintely better in efficiency, cost, and stress to just order the stuff from people who can supply without any unecessary hassle.:)

I tend to wander into the local PC World when I'm passing, and trying to kill time, on the offchance they have a good offer on. Their pricing may suck, but sometimes they do goo "Half price" deals and things like that (which end up at a reasonable price).

Anyway, it tickles me when they say "Can I help you?" and I think "er, I doubt it".

It's a shame that they are employed as salesmen rather than technical whizzes, which is what they try portray, as some people go working there on the pretence they're starting a career in IT.

Marcel said:
some people go working there on the pretence they're starting a career in IT.

It may be a bit harsh but people wanting to start a career in IT by getting a job in PC World probably should not have a real IT job.

Just see what you've started Ghandi ... now I gotta sell my shares in PC World !?! :laugh1: :laugh1:

I was asked to leave one of their stores :eek2:

well, it wasn't my fault they had a bluetooth enabled printer on show as a demo....my ipaq paired with it and happily sent it a few images :D

As a consquence of my foolish actions I was forced to trundle around NEXT for the following hour while the wife picked up some alleged bargains :nut:

At my age I should know better but every time I wander into PC World I just have to play with the screen savers on the display computers..:suspect1:

Buy this computer online for half the price at CCL Computers, Bradford.
...:laugh1:

He! he! ....love the B&Q thing...though it took a few secs, doh!
Well my 'run in' with PC World was quite literally that...I dont use them usually but ran out of ink & at 7:55pm on a Thursday evening they were my only option as I needed to take my print to London with me in the early hours next morning.
I saw them shutting up shop & in a split second decision in the dim twilight I had the brainstorm to carry on running & beat them through the exit doors..... a closed glass door doesnt half break your nose easy! Spent the rest of my evening in A&E & got myself a whole new profile...the happy ending is...I did get my ink!

well....Barry and I are in danger of being banned from Boots, hmmm, 3 for 2 on ALL viriamins.....but when you get to the checkout its a different story! Who needs vitamins anyway! GGrrrrrrrr

I am banned from all Adsa's. For fighting in the supermarket in greenwich. Wife not happy, me very happy

busterboy said:
At my age I should know better but every time I wander into PC World I just have to play with the screen savers on the display computers..:suspect1:

Buy this computer online for half the price at CCL Computers, Bradford.

:clap: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

busterboy said:

Bad BB :laugh1: :thumb: :D

busterboy said:

ROFL - Bet it took them awhile to figure out how to turn the screensaver off:thumb:

Ahh the goold old days of Win 95 I think there, a quick Ctrl-Alt-Del would help you bypass the passworded screensavers the staff put on :D

haha PC world

They tried to charge me £40 against a £20 price tag on a returned product.
They accused me of piracy cos i wanted to copy videos onto DV. My own home movies!
They couldn't wrk their new touch screen tills, I had to show them!

By the way PC world, 10p off an £20 USB lead with open box, is NOT a bargain.

Have managed to get a few half price bargains tho, which has saved me the hassle of ordering online and paying postage.

I've only ever bought one thing from PC World which is my PC desk only cost £10 'cause it wasn't a model they carried, had no instructions (well not until you peeked in between two of the bits of wood ;)) and generally was confusing them by its presence :)

The only other questionable experience shopping experience was being followed around sainsburys by the security bod who decided I was dodgy when I walked through the door, I noticed got offended so took him on a little tour of the shop ducking down aisles and the like :D I lost him, bought my pint of milk which was all I wanted and sauntered off. I wonder how long he looked for me after I'd gone :ponders:

Back