Non UK I've decided where to go but....

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I have decided to take a Photographic trip maybe in March, What I would like to know is how do you arrange a trip and decide on daily locations.
I will be staying I hope in a central location.
Just to give you a heads up, I`m in France and I will be going to the Perigueux region, I have been one time but not for a Photography trip.
There are so many beautiful villages/towns in that area I am a bit lost on how to sort out my week there.
I`ll be doing a few Sunrises and some Sunsets with some riverside Village/towns within the shot but anything else ?

Thanks for any input you have.

Graham

Internet is your friend. Just get on google, flickr, etc and search for the region and any towns/ villages in the region or wothin travelling distance, look at images and get whatever info you can from . Get the free anylist app or onenote, etc and set up a google map filter.

when you find something you like then save i\ list it/ pin it with a hyperlink to the source

once you’ve got a few then focus in on an area and think sunrise/ sunset/ daytime but especially is it right time of year for that image. Using photopills or tpe do an assessment also.

you’ll end up with some grouped sunrise/ sunset/ other times relevant to the time of year that takes your interest as a starting point

if you have locations where its the wrong time of year, keep them on the list and scout them out when light is poor or between main locations for next time.

thats broadly how i do it then shuffle my days around looking at weather forecasts when i’m there

Internet is your friend. Just get on google, flickr, etc and search for the region and any towns/ villages in the region or wothin travelling distance, look at images and get whatever info you can from . Get the free anylist app or onenote, etc and set up a google map filter.

when you find something you like then save i\ list it/ pin it with a hyperlink to the source

once you’ve got a few then focus in on an area and think sunrise/ sunset/ daytime but especially is it right time of year for that image. Using photopills or tpe do an assessment also.

you’ll end up with some grouped sunrise/ sunset/ other times relevant to the time of year that takes your interest as a starting point

if you have locations where its the wrong time of year, keep them on the list and scout them out when light is poor or between main locations for next time.

thats broadly how i do it then shuffle my days around looking at weather forecasts when i’m there
Thanks Jim, I`ll look into these APPs and for your reply, most helpful.

Back