I've just been 'mooned' by a buzzard!

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been struggling for some considerable time now to get some decent shots of a pair of buzzards who live in a nearby forest. It's incredibly difficult to get anywhere near them, as the forest is full of bushes and young trees, in between the larger trees, making very hard to 'stalk' anything.

Anyway, having spent a while following the pale buzzard around (which is easier to spot) and only coming up with very poor (not to mention massively cropped) shots like these ...

Pale_Buzzard_12.jpg

Pale_Buzzard_10.jpg

... I finally found the (harder to spot) 'brown' Common Buzzard too. He (she?) was less than pleased to see me too, as I had no sooner taken this shot ...

Brown_Buzzard_02.jpg

... when the bird made a deliberate point (I'm sure) of showing me it's rear end, before buggering off into the sunset!

Buzzards_Arse_01.jpg

Buzzards_Arse_03.jpg

Pictures are not worthy of C&C, BTW. I just felt like letting off steam and giving some of you something to chuckle about ;).

I've been struggling for some considerable time now to get some decent shots of a pair of buzzards who live in a nearby forest. It's incredibly difficult to get anywhere near them, as the forest is full of bushes and young trees, in between the larger trees, making very hard to 'stalk' anything.

Anyway, having spent a while following the pale buzzard around (which is easier to spot) and only coming up with very poor (not to mention massively cropped) shots like these ...

... I finally found the (harder to spot) 'brown' Common Buzzard too. He (she?) was less than pleased to see me too, as I had no sooner taken this shot ...

... when the bird made a deliberate point (I'm sure) of showing me it's rear end, before buggering off into the sunset!

Buzzards_Arse_03.jpg

Pictures are not worthy of C&C, BTW. I just felt like letting off steam and giving some of you something to chuckle about ;).

Love it!! That last one looks like all the buzzard shots i've got!!

Chuckle, chuckle...... :D

That is funny. :LOL:

There is a whole thread of these utterly frustrating shots over in animals and naure called "duffers" I cried laughing they were so funny.

Thanks for posting :)

There is a whole thread of these utterly frustrating shots over in animals and naure called "duffers" I cried laughing they were so funny.

Thanks for posting :)

Oh, really? I'm sure that I could find some more - I don't have much luck with critters generally :D.

Could these be honey buzzards?

Could these be honey buzzards?

Hmm, I've had the same conversation here before, but apparently they are both just 'common buzzards'. The lighter one is the rarer 'pale variant' and is the only one that I've ever seen here in Germany. There are lots of the brown ones around though ;)

Back