ive just made my first purchases on itunes

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
i feel dirty, real dirty!

but on a serious note....

i can only aparently copy the file to 5 different machines..... does that prevent me saving the file to cd as an audio cd and then ripping it back at a later date? will it have any effect on it? otherwise id feel a bit fleaced if i couldnt create an audio cd of the files ive downloaded

i think the more pertinant question here must be...

what song was it?

im sure i know the song....

*googles*

I was at that gig :D

Live in Central Park is his best album by far, due to him covering Niel Young's Cortez the killer with Warren Haynes, then going impro crazy with Jimi Thing (y)

Under the table and dreaming comes a close second though (y)

thats the only album i havent got! (live in central park)

i love before these crowded streets, im fairly sure that is my fav album although its difficult to know as they just play off my ipod nowadays!

cant really say much of the music i listen to is very similar to DMB At all really

other bands i like are ben folds, five for fighting, ben kweller, all fairly different to DMB

i might look into getting it whilst im over in the states

You can burn the songs on itunes to audio CD, and then if you rip them back to MP3 they are like all your other MP3's.

The only thing is, while turning it into an audio CD won't lose any quality, the re-compression when you rip it back will reduce the sound quality.

Leo

You can only 'authorize' 5 computers at any one time - if you change computers, simply 'de-authorize' that computer. This allows you to add another. How many of us use 5 different computers at the same time?
I have my work PC-Laptop and my personal PC-Laptop.

I just buy cheap CDs off play.com, rip them to MP3 format (although OGG format is far superior but my car stereo doesn't play OGG CDs), that way there's none of the fannying about.

Arkady said:
You can only 'authorize' 5 computers at any one time - if you change computers, simply 'de-authorize' that computer. This allows you to add another. How many of us use 5 different computers at the same time?

I do

Arkady said:
its more a case of why should i? ive legitimately bought the song, as long as im not distributing whos to say i dont want the song on my computers at home, my work computer... and whos to say each of these computers is connected to the internet/able to contact the itunes service to gain authorisation.

on a similar note sony are planning to write into the licensing agreement for games to make it illegal for shots to sell and for the public to trade in second hand games, how ***tish is that.....

whitewash said:
i thought id be legal atleast once in my life, now i feel dirty and jaded with the whole thing so shant bother again in future!

That's my boy...(y)

whitewash said:
on a similar note sony are planning to write into the licensing agreement for games to make it illegal for shots to sell and for the public to trade in second hand games, how ***tish is that.....

Do you have a link to that? sounds way out of order, but something Sony would deffo do.

There was someone - Samsung i think who are trying to make DVD recorders and other PVR type machines that wont let you skip through adverts :(

Back