I've just treated myself to a....

S

stepheno

....Canon 70-300 IS USM :cool: Now I know it doesn't compare to you fellers with white but I can neither afford nor justify L yet. I did all the internet pricing and eventually bought for £419 over the counter.

He's given me 21 days to swap for other copies if the portrait isn't right, after that it goes back to Canon. I tried it outside the shop with my 20D and his 1D MkII and the shots looked fine but I'll give it a good go at the weekend.

I know this is probably of little interest to everybody but it d**n well is to me :smilenod:

regards

Be interested why you chose that over a 70-200 L which should be a similar price.

In a nutshell...I wanted the extra 100mm. I do like shooting birds (feathered) and my sons playing football and the extra 100 with IS will be far better than my 18-200 Tamron. Who knows - the next stage might be L but it'll be a way off.

regards

Congrats - you'll have to do a review now that you have told us all about your new glass;)

Will do. Although there's plenty already on the internet.

regards

Yeah - but I think we all like real world evaluations, if you know what I mean:)

The new Canon 70-300mm IS is a real gem of a lens, it rivals the 70-200L F4 image quality and whilst it might not have the L build for £370 it just can't be ignored.

stepheno said:
I know this is probably of little interest to everybody but it d**n well is to me :smilenod:

regards

It's of more interest than you think m8, this is the new one which replaces my 75-300 IS

A quick review and some images would be great m8, especially a few over 200mm. I want to make the jump from the 75-300 is to the 70-200 IS L with the 1.4x extender but thats going to take a little more saving :hissyfit:

SDK^ said:
The new Canon 70-300mm IS is a real gem of a lens, it rivals the 70-200L F4 image quality and whilst it might not have the L build for £370 it just can't be ignored.

I find that very hard to believe..can you provide any evidance to prove that since you don't own either lens?

Back