I've obviously been a very good boy this year!

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Having been up since silly o'clock with two very excited boys it now feels like midday but I've had some luuuuverly presents!

Nikon SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander :woot: :woot:
Two photography related books :woot:
Couple of pairs of cufflinks :woot:
Life on Mars Series 1 DVD :woot: :D
Dave Gilmour Live at the Albert Hall DVD :woot:
Two bottles of Drambuie :woot:
Choccies :woot:

I feel like a kid all over again!

Have a great Christmas everyone and thank you to all the TP staff for running this madhouse, you do a great job and I've forged some great friendships on here - both real and virtual! (y)

Nikon SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander :woot:

As you have a D300 which acts as a wireless commander why do you need one of these? Its just a question as I have been messing with my D200, SB800 and SB600. Unless it has something to do with setting off the flashes without lighting up the built in flash (I cannot work out how to set off the two outboard flashes without using the built in one two! Anyway Merry Christmas - I got series one and two a couple of months ago its the best thing thats been on TV for ages!

Hacker, a fellow Floyd /Gilmour fan on the forum?:), me and the son were lucky enough to bag two pairs of pre sale tickets for Dave Gilmour on his last tour so we went to see him at Manchester, what a fantastic night it was, we all stood in awe at his performance of "comfortably numb", gave me shivers it did, absolutely amazing,I will never forget the experience, :banana:.
We sold the other pair of good seats on the bay for a good profit and met up with the buyers for a drink afterwards.
I also have the DVD, enjoy.
Shame there is no chance of a Floyd tour:(, be one of the biggest sell-outs ever.

Hacker, a fellow Floyd /Gilmour fan on the forum?:)

:wave: Me too !!! :woot:

15 Albums but never seen them live and unfortunately unlikely ever to do so :(

I got the double live "Pulse" DVD last year for Christmas, it's the closest i'll get !

:wave: Me too !!! :woot:

15 Albums but never seen them live and unfortunately unlikely ever to do so :(

I got the double live "Pulse" DVD last year for Christmas, it's the closest i'll get !

Been a Floyd fan since the "Dark Side" and still have mint orriginal vinyl copies of it and the "wall", or should I say youngest son has them since he blagged them off me.

Floyd?? PAH!!!

Being a real 80's teenager, I got a Duran Duran compilation album! :D Oh, and the Richard Hammond book and the David Coulthard book, and a whopping great headache, not helped by getting 13yr old her first electric guitar...'played it till her fingers bled'.... :LOL:

Hope everyone is having a great christmas day, just thought I would pop in for half an hour before hitting the kitchen for the mighty cook! :puke:

Aaaaa, Floyd. I remember seing them waaaaaaay back, with Syd, at the Ally Pally. Great night. :nuts:

As you have a D300 which acts as a wireless commander why do you need one of these? Its just a question as I have been messing with my D200, SB800 and SB600. Unless it has something to do with setting off the flashes without lighting up the built in flash (I cannot work out how to set off the two outboard flashes without using the built in one two!

The main reasons for me are that the SU-800 has a better range, doesn't use pre-flashes to trigger the remotes and it is easier to change settings rather than go through the menus.

You can switch off the built in flash but it will still fire pre-flashes. Pop up the on board flash and go to Menu > Custom Setting Menu (Pencil symbol on the left) > Bracketing/Flash > Built in flash > Commander Mode. Go to the first box right of where it says Built in and scroll down until -- is entered in the box. You are now able to fire a remote gun without using the onboard flash although the pre-flash will still fire. I think! :D

Hacker, a fellow Floyd /Gilmour fan on the forum?:), me and the son were lucky enough to bag two pairs of pre sale tickets for Dave Gilmour on his last tour so we went to see him at Manchester, what a fantastic night it was, we all stood in awe at his performance of "comfortably numb", gave me shivers it did, absolutely amazing,I will never forget the experience, :banana:.

You lucky git! :D I wtched the DVD this morning and Shine On almost brought a tear to my eye, I would have loved to have been there.

I've seen Floyd about 4/5 times now including the night at Earl's Court when the stand collapsed. :nono:

0.5 was for listening to them at Knewbworth as they were playing as we left

Was that the Silver Clef Awards? If so I was there and I was certainly Comfortably Numb by the time they came on. :LOL:

You can switch off the built in flash but it will still fire pre-flashes. Pop up the on board flash and go to Menu > Custom Setting Menu (Pencil symbol on the left) > Bracketing/Flash > Built in flash > Commander Mode. Go to the first box right of where it says Built in and scroll down until -- is entered in the box. You are now able to fire a remote gun without using the onboard flash although the pre-flash will still fire. I think! :D

Thanks. Tried that but for some reason if the internal flash doesn't flash neither of the external ones do. Obviously I need to look at the whole thing again! DOH!

Back