Ivy...plus other tips

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been trying to create an image of a parish church, but making it look run down and in need of major attention.

Here is the original...
3318455457_7aa795022d.jpg

Here is the image so far...
3319285666_6e0929aeeb.jpg

I've been trying to add some ivy to the left side (as you view it) of the tower but every attempt makes it look really fake.

List of changes so far are;
  • Clock face
  • Bushes in the front of the building
  • Missing roof tiles on main roof
  • Missing roof tiles on porch
  • Bush growing out of the porch
  • Broken spike from the corner of the tower

Any advice on further changes and how I can get the ivy to look real or should I miss it out?

If the church is that rundown then something will have to happen with that fence which would have been nicked for scrap some time ago:D

Some graffiti maybe?, theres graffiti brushes free on the net somewhere I remember seeing them, also maybe a keep out sign?? Wayne

If the church is that rundown then something will have to happen with that fence which would have been nicked for scrap some time ago:D

That's a good idea...but not sure how to clone it out :LOL: - maybe I'll have to redo the path completely :(

That's a good idea...but not sure how to clone it out :LOL: - maybe I'll have to redo the path completely :(

You could just rust it up?
Maybe make it bent and stuff too, I dunno how easy that is to do.

If the church is run down wouldn't the church yard be overgrown and run down too?

Maybe some discolouration? I think what you've done is superb, but it looks like a new build rather than a derelict?

I was going to do more physical damage to the bricks but as the church has been up for many, many years already (I think about 300) I doubt the colour would change too much but thanks for the input.

They dont come much more run down than this ... for reference

few major brickwork cracks for example the pillers in the window.

Back