Izzy in Heather

Name
gabi
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this one just before a Thunderstorm hit. Light was very intense. This is the Image as it came of the Camera. Also any tips of how to take pics of fast moving hairy urchins?
IMGP0169.jpg

like it, sorry cant help on urchins front advice will be buried on here though

I like your photograph very much.(y) Is there something your not happy with?

Thank's Doog! I suppose I get more critical, the more I am learning. I have had my Pentax for 3 Month now and love the Results I am getting, but then I look at the Pic again and think, could I have done it better?!
I don't Photoshop, as I try to catch a moment in Time and don't like meddleing with the outcome, so I feel I have only one Split Second to get it right.;)

I appreciate that you're trying to get it right first time, but unfortunately camera don't see things the way our eyes do. Sometimes post processing is the only answer in making a good photograph great.

Hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist altering levels and sharpness. See what you think.

IMGP0169edit.jpg

Is it just me or is the white on the head now too bright / blown on the edit?

Love the original pic - agree it needs a bit of levels adjustment - but wonder if it's tooo much on the edit?

Hope you dont mind but I had a slight play too - as it's a beautiful image with a lot of potential!

beardie2.jpg

I altered levels slighty - did a slight high pass sharpen and then increased the vibrancy a bit. :)

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the white on the head now too bright / blown on the edit?

Love the original pic - agree it needs a bit of levels adjustment - but wonder if it's tooo much on the edit?

I thought that too but the histogram adjustments were accurate :shrug:

Thanks Sarah and Douglas:) I am really chuffed with your Edits. Mayhaps I should have a little play with Editing Programs myself, amazing what you can do!

Thank's Doog! I suppose I get more critical, the more I am learning. I have had my Pentax for 3 Month now and love the Results I am getting, but then I look at the Pic again and think, could I have done it better?!
I don't Photoshop, as I try to catch a moment in Time and don't like meddleing with the outcome, so I feel I have only one Split Second to get it right.;)

I used to feel like that until i was told how much fiddling was done with film in the photo lab as they endeavoured to get my images to match their concept of the correct colours.

Love your Beardie (y)

It's a nice photo and with brightning it up a little with levels and sharpening will do it justice. I'd be inclined to crop of some as well to get the dog more to come out.

Another Beardie on here :) such stunning dogs and very photogenic, only thing I would add is the horizon could do with some straightening for me but love the colour contrasts and of course the puppy :)

Thanks Ryan. That "Puppy" is 6 Years old:LOL: and like all Beardies refusing to grow up

Back