Jackdaw

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
posing Jackdaw from last year in Richmond Park

038.jpg

A nice detailed capture David,exposure looks good as do the colour and tones, maybe cropping a bit off from the right side.

Needs a bit of a sharpen too I think and a wee bit too central in the frame. More space to the left will improve it.

as a matter of me learning, why move him further to the right?

as a matter of me learning, why move him further to the right?

He's not well placed in the frame - more space to the left for him to look into looks and feels better. Try a different crop and a slight sharpen - otherwise it looks a nice capture. (y)

thanks,
here he is cropped on the right and slightly sharpened

038-1.jpg

He's still a bit central David.Don't be afraid of leaving plenty of empty negative space on the left hand side. Move the bird right over to the right -if you have the room to crop and leave more space on the left of course.

Better, although his head's a bit close to the top of the frame now. here's a quick fudge job grabbing some space on the left just to show what I mean. If you dont have room on the left though, you're snookered for this shot, but just a tip to remember for the future.

4757740870_c1123f35f8_o.jpg

The composition and sharpening in last edit does look better David, however, you have still made a nice capture with good detail, especially as you only used 1/60 at 200mm. Was this taken hand held or with a tripod? Keep them coming (y)

it was in reality a very quick grab, hand held,

knowing what I do now I wouldn't have cropped it in the first place to put him in the middle :bang:

it was in reality a very quick grab, hand held,

knowing what I do now I wouldn't have cropped it in the first place to put him in the middle :bang:

For hand held at those settings you did good. Keep trying your doing ok, this is how we all learn (y)

Back