Jenny Wren

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
I am soooo disappointed with these:( The first real decent Wren shots, or so I thought, and then upload to the PC and there is a totally blown out marigold flower right next to the bird:bang: I've tried tweaking levels, dodge/burn cloning/healing but all to no avail so the only alternative is a horrendous crop to get rid of (most) of it. Hope you like them anyway.

TP_DSC7218.jpg

TP_DSC7225.jpg

TP_DSC7229.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

I will post another, more conventional pose and better crop later.

Nice series Donna, I especially like the 2nd one. I think I would try selectively desaturating the yellow of the flower - should work reasonable well in the first two.

As others have implied the Wren is as sharp as a tack. Could you not select the bright / blown Marigold with the Magnetic Lasso Tool and desaturate it?

Don`t be so hard on yourself Donna, for me, the flower makes it a better shot.

Guess we are all different............:)

Nice wren shots the little blighters never keep still so you've done well to get these!

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions. The marigold has been composted so it will not upset the apple cart again and for those who suggested desaturating the yellow, sorry, I tried that too and it just looked too awful. But there is always another day!

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions. The marigold has been composted so it will not upset the apple cart again and for those who suggested desaturating the yellow, sorry, I tried that too and it just looked too awful. But there is always another day!

Donna you cannot beat real life cutting, much easier than photoshop :D

Shame as these can be tricky little devils to catch out in the open, next time will be perfect ... now the flower has gone (y)

I'd be happy with any of them shots. By the time I spot them and raise the camers they have gone. Must put more effort in to catch them. Next time you will nail them (y)

Back