Jess

Edit My Images
Yes
A candid of a young student. I had to wait a while before the shot presented itself.:)
jesi.jpg
[/IMG]

That really is a lovely natural light shot ... well done! :clap:

All I'd say is that the focal point is her eyes obviously, and as they're well over to the left of the frame with all that image behind her, she appears to be looking out of the frame which most people find a little unsettling from a composition point of view.

I tried a crop for you and just warmed it up a little.

jesi-edit.jpg

There's no rights or wrongs really - just options and differing opinions. ;)

I can see what you mean CK, the curve in her hair and the angle of her eyes looking out of the frame seem to make a great a Composition, must rememeber this for next time im doing portraits! Cheers.

Still, a great shot athos!

Sorry to disagree with you both. My intention was to include all of her beautiful auburn hair as part of the whole picture. I can also appreciate where you are coming from with your crop, but we all see things differently which is part of the magic of photography.:) and of course she is most certainly looking out of the frame, which is no bad thing in my view.

CT what did you do exactly, the changes have made a massive difference for me.

Thank You for that Dappa. Personally, I find it rather rude to talk through somebody who has just posted a image.:(. If this is the way of talk photography then I care little.

The 'way' of Talk Photography, is that we publish images and exchange views and thoughts about them. Dappa has expressed an opinion - it doesn't mean it's necessarily right or wrong.

If you don't wish your images to be edited, then simply untick your 'Edit' box. ;)

Thank You for that Dappa. Personally, I find it rather rude to talk through somebody who has just posted a image.:(. If this is the way of talk photography then I care little.

Whoah there tiger.

He's talking about the edits CT made to your shot. For him, CT's version is better, and he'd like to know what CT did to it.

This is the 'way' Talk Photography works. The clue is in the name. We talk about photography. ;)

And this is the way all forums work. If he was talking about a completely different shot, then fair enough, he wasn't he was talking about yours, so it's on topic :) No need to be so precious. Jump on and enjoy the ride. You'll love it here, I promise.

Oops, forgot to mention, could you please resize the image down to 800pixels along the longest edge? It's just over the allowed size as per the pesky rules :)

If you are talking about some ones image you should at least acknowledge their presence and not " talk through them ". This is the only point I am trying to make. I am not trying to be precious. Judging by your smart assed remarks, you can have it . I have had enough prima donna's

Have a nice day

I prefer athoss's shot purelly because CT's has taken half her head away , coming from a parent point of view i'd prefer the first one...

Wow i think he didnt want his image touched, all i wanted to know was how CT achieved the improvements, i like what he's done and the whole point of a forum is to help out and learn where you can. No offence intended mate, but if you dont want people to critique your images, "dont post them"

I prefer the original to be honest, although imo it would have been beneficial to show more of the area she is looking into.

Think the OP needs to chill a little and get used to how forums work, not all posts have to be a response to the original poster :eek:

I think he wants everyone to say "Nice shot" to him.. and THEN make comments.. the thing is if you are talking about the image on show then whats the problem??

Dappa made a remark to CT about YOUR image.. why would he need to introduce himself to you to do that?? your still getting feedback on it!! i think the Prima Donna here isnt CT or Dappa.. :thinking:

A stress managment course maybe on the cards here.. if something like THAT upsets you!! :bang:

Bye... :wave: Luv ya...

Crop works better for me.

I like the first, but I find myself slightly distracted by the object (pillow/blanket?) behind the subject.

In the cropped version the subject has my full attention.

I prefer the original rather than the crop as I think it works better with the whole head in the shot. only imo.
i do however think its a shame that the OP has found some comments offending when that was obviously never the intention. :p

Easyyyy, You upload, You want our views, CT edited as he felt it looked better, that is what the forum is about. And to be honest mate, exspect that on every forum you go on ;)

And about talking on a thread where someone has posted a edit, to ask them how they done it?

Oh man i'm felling the tiredness :)

Dear Talk members. It seems I have stirred up some animosity towards myself. Alas this is the sign of a ageing brain. I have taken all your comments on board. I am willing to give it another go and this time, try not to get too wound up. I apologize to all.

regards
Athos (the old git)

thats what keeps it all intresting, everyone has got there own opions, it would all be pretty boring if we didnt..... good for you athos55

'tis an interesting shot. I kinda like it

I appear to be locked out of talk photography now. Never mind. Must have been something I said. All the best to you all and goodbye.

Athos.

There's no reason that I know of why you should be locked out. Probably some silly glitch somewhere? :shrug:

You're not locked out. Have you changed your email address and hadn't validated it?

And how can you post if you're locked out? :thinking:

I cant post in this thread either

wierd

:exit:

Have not changed my email address Marcel. Can not see images in gallery either. when I try to post I just get a blank box. Strange....

So you're still having problems? Im unsure how you're posting?
Your account is perfectly fine here as far as I can see from the Admin Control Panel. Nothing untoward or iffy.

Possibly a browser issue?
Cleared cookies and temp internet files?

Done all that. Don't seem to see any ones galleries including my own. Seems a bit screwed up. Will give it a week then ( if it doesn't clear ) will reluctantly call it a day.

Thanks for your help

athos

Back