Jessica & Adam

Thanks. That's sharp of you Inaglo, I was wondering if someone could spot something funny going on. I'm going to come clean and show that this was in fact a group shot that occurred even though the setup wasn't for it. Here's the original:

DSC_3902orig.jpg

You can see that it was in fact the buxom, hair and shadow cast by another person, I had tried to burn it in to hide it as a deeper shadow.

Cropping like this totally goes against my usual mode of trying to get it right in camera. This was at the start of the day and to be confronted suddenly with five models I wasn't thinking straight.

This girl hadn't modeled before and was accompanying her boyfriend before she had to set off for work. I had chances to shoot them individually after the group test shot but I didn't regrettably, so I tried to bring this image back as a sort of keepsake.

I agree about cropping out the dead space at the bottom, I would think to the left as well, and I had considered it before the final crop. It's a question I've been asking myself, I am so used to cropping to standard aspect ratios that I am settling for suboptimal crops at times.

Well, I'll come clean. As I've already said on flickr, I like the 2 person shot and I didn't notice the weird arm thing going on. I do, however, like the lighting and eye contact on the crop version.

I can see why you cropped the group shot - its not really doing much here - looks like a group of students trying to **** off their parents - probably not successfully, either.

If you use the same crop and shift it up to include the top of his head, does this not give you the same aspect ratio you are after? although with out doing it I don't know how it will affect the look of the shot.

Certainly prefer the crop version though with him leaning into her.... on the main picture he just looks like he is trying to get away from the girl on his left and she is trying to get into the shot.

Liking the series as well different background and lighting work well (y)

Back