jessops and other things

Name
Rik
Edit My Images
Yes
I have read somewhere that jessops do price matching plus an extra 10% off is this true and has anyone used it before?

the next one is memory cards as im gonna be buying a nikon d40 next week i was just wondering there seems to be a load of different standards of SD cards around and do they really make any difference is it worth going for a SDHC ?

thanx in advance for any advice :)

Cheers

Rik

I doubt they do m8. Jessops sometimes say they will price match but only a couple of web sites both of which turn out to be owned by Jessops.

they price matched my 70-200 with warehouse express, but that was using the advert they had in a mag which promised that. Otherwise they're harder to shift than hard to shift things. :p

I was in there the other day, although the sales bloke didn`t know the offer was on he rang head office who ok`d it.

It`s only for DSLR and lens` though.

Sometime last year I made the most of this offer and they did keep their promise. I was able to prove that a .co.uk had the same memory card in stock at £40, Jessops price £120, therefore price I paid was £32 which was a price match plus 10% of the difference.

If this applies to lenses, go and find the least expensive shop you can that has it in stock and save ££££'s.

I tried it with Jessops in Exeter just before last Christmas and was told they would price match any local shop/store but wouldn't match an internet source.

Jessops will price match any camera or lens in a magazine with jessops coupon in.

I think it's more down to the manager of the store. I price matched a D200 and 70-200 lens 18 months ago against an internet price from AJ Purdy, but I printed off a copy of the advert and took it into the store with me.

They agreed to the price match once they had phoned AJ Purdy and confirmed they had stock. They also chucked in a Sandisk 2gb cf card after a bit more haggling.

Going in to the store at the end of the month is usually a good bet, especially if they are trying to make sales targets.

Back