Jessops price Match

Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone used the latest Jessops price match voucher printed in Jan's Practical Photography & can confirm the meaning of the term

"We'll match the price of any camera or lens in this magazine"

Does this mean - We'll match the printed price from another supplier as printed in the mag or

We'll match any other supplier's current price who is advertising in the magazine

I hope I've made this clear

Yeah they'll only match the prices in adverts that are actually in the magazine :)

Yeah they'll only match the prices in adverts that are actually in the magazine :)

As Marcel says and the other suppliers have to have it in stock at the time that you purchase from Jessops.

Chris

It's a bit of an empty promise really as the prices are usually about 6 weeks old due to deadlines for advertising in the magazine. This means Jessops can attract customers but in reality they don't have get near the current best prices.

I used the Jessops price match last time round for my 70-200 F2.8 IS. They matched the Warehouse Express price no questions asked, saved about £250 if I remember correctly :)

WE prices were in the magazine

It's a bit of an empty promise really as the prices are usually about 6 weeks old due to deadlines for advertising in the magazine. This means Jessops can attract customers but in reality they don't have get near the current best prices.

That's the conclusion I'm coming too now

They may match the price but what about matching customer service? :shrug:

I work in Jessops, and I do take that quite offensively.
I've been in other Jessops shops, and I have to agree, some of the people who work there are completely incompetent.

But just the other weekend, I spent several hours with a man who wanted to try every single bit of Nikon kit going.
I'm talking all matter of lenses, flashguns, remotes, bags, cards, etc etc etc.
As we tried a bit of kit, and he liked it, he would write it down.
When we had exhausted the shops supply of kit, he smiled at me and said, "Right, now I'm off home to order it from the internet. Cheers!"

While I don't blame him for ordering it off the internet, because its a lot cheaper, I felt a bit.. cheated.

I smile all the time, I'm very helpful, I know what I'm talking about, and coming up to christmas, 75% of the people who come in the shop are grumpy and rude.
And I'm still smiling, despite the fact I want to punch them in the nose.

Its not fair to brand the majority due to the minority.

I bought my 30D from jessops in Penzance, after I went into the truro branch and they had just sold the last one not 5 mins earlier.
I dashed down and was welcomed by the staff as the truro branch had informed me that I was on my way.
Once there I was treated very well and the staff were all very helpful.
They did the price match thingy and I walked out with my new camera.
Not all assistants are the same.

My local Jessops is pretty dire, mostly P&S stuff. The staff are hopeless, there's only one guy who knows much and he's a Nikon fan that will slate every other make to the customers (not a great sales technique) but I did get my 40D from there. Not the best price but I would only have saved a few quid buying it online at the time. It was a bit of a whim really, I walked in and said I'll have a 40D please. Nice easy sale for them though ;)

I think that they should not just match but beat the price! I mean whats the point in being in one shop and the price is X pounds. And then just because Jessops say that they will match the price leave that shop and go and buy it from Jessops?

We must be lucky up here, the Jessops shop in Inverness is pretty good. There's at least two of the guys in there who aren't just assistants, they're photographers and really know their stuff.

I'd far rather spend the extra money in the shop and know that I can go in and speak to someone if I have a problem rather than trying to sort it out by email and posting stuff away to get fixed.

I think that they should not just match but beat the price! I mean whats the point in being in one shop and the price is X pounds. And then just because Jessops say that they will match the price leave that shop and go and buy it from Jessops?

Ordinarily I'd agree with you but as the usual male thing I'd forgotten that Christmas falls on December the 25th this year and under instruction was advised to search out the item for delivery into Santa's sack if possible. Hence my use of Jessops (or not seeing as they're £50 more expensive :naughty:)

Just ot complicate things, Jessops online seems to offer things at a cheaper price than Jessops high street shops. Any idea whats going on there?:thinking:

As we tried a bit of kit, and he liked it, he would write it down.
When we had exhausted the shops supply of kit, he smiled at me and said, "Right, now I'm off home to order it from the internet. Cheers!"

Out of order IMO. If I get good advice / assistance from a store, I'll buy the gear from the store, even if it is a bit more expensive than online. If everybody took this attitude all High Street businesses would fold and we wouldn't be able try stuff, look at it and try it before we buy.

BTW my local Jessops has 2 excellent assistants and when I bought my 400D they got the sale, for their help and patience while I was trying to decide.

Just ot complicate things, Jessops online seems to offer things at a cheaper price than Jessops high street shops. Any idea whats going on there?:thinking:

A lot of shops do it. The thinking is there is less overhead with an Internet sale (i.e. no salesman to pay or give commission to, no store with high rent, no business rates to pay etc. etc.).

my jessops was good. it was cheaper than the other local camera shops who wanted 600-700 quid for the cannon 400D with just the kit lens, the y sold me for 650 quid, but they threw in a kit bag worth 50 quid, a better flash memory card, and tameron and knocked another 15 quid off it as well. and instead of the year long free photo thing they gave me 2 years. so not too bad.

Went into Jessops today and got a Speedlite 430 EX, tthey were advertising £199.99 on their site. Took a printout of a local place to me Calumet http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/Lighting/Strobe/ and showed them they were selling the same flash for £159.99. The sales assistant said he would have to check to see if they had em in stock, being Boxing Day they were closed so he gave me it for the price he seen on their site. Can't complain cos it was vouchers I was spending otherwise I'd have shopped elsewhere...happy days for me.

Salesman told me they were only pricematching local shops, not online places such as Warehouse Express, any truth in this?

they pricematch their own website too that is how i got my camera cheap :D

When i bought my 300D (many moons ago) i asked the assistant if they price match internet sites. He reeled off a list of sites that they will and even a couple they would not. I searched online and they matched as promised.

I was lucky enough to have two Jessops in my town. They have closed one now though. Yep, the better one!

i also didnt have voucher i printed out their web page, and they matched the price

Everyone is doing that these days - it's like a tax on impulse purchases. Comet etc do the same. You have to check the prices on their website then get them to price match themselves.

I purchased my Canon 28-135mm IS lens from Jessops. They agreed to price match (Warehouse Express) without the voucher. However, Jessops included the Warehouse Express delivery charge.
When I purchased my Canon 400D from Jessops I got back to the car I realised Jessops had charged me £25 more than Jessops internet web site price. I went back to the shop they explained, to get the lower price I would have to go home and purchase the camera on line then go back to the shop to collect the very same camera they had just sold me. Sorry Jessops but the idea is you are supposed to be in the business of help your customers.

I purchased my Canon 28-135mm IS lens from Jessops. They agreed to price match (Warehouse Express) without the voucher. However, Jessops included the Warehouse Express delivery charge.
When I purchased my Canon 400D from Jessops I got back to the car I realised Jessops had charged me £25 more than Jessops internet web site price. I went back to the shop they explained, to get the lower price I would have to go home and purchase the camera on line then go back to the shop to collect the very same camera they had just sold me. Sorry Jessops but the idea is you are supposed to be in the business of help your customers.

They are also in the business of making money, so who's fault is it that you didnt check the internet price first? Most highstreet prices are going to be higher as they have larger overheads to cover. you pay for the staff with your bit extra, it can be worth while if you get the right staff, they are there to help you decide which kit is best for you, not barter with you (even though it can be fun to see what you can get them to include in the sale). If you know what you want and are after the cheapest price then highstreet shops arent really the place to go.

Ive bought pretty much all my gear from Jessops in Colliers Wood (very helpful chaps and know my face now!)

They know when im in the mood for buying as i will have my trusty magazine with me, not once have they contacted the cheaper place to confirm they have stock.

Ive been in the Massive Jessops on Oxford street, i have to say they are probably the most unhelpful / moody bunch of people ever, considering how big they are there, they never have want im after in stock (where the small colliers wood branch always does!) i vowed never to buy anything from there again and always go to Colliers Wood, its nice not only to find more than one person who knows what their talking about but also nice to have a good chat about stuff.

So although there are plenty of bad Jessops stores, theres also plenty of very good ones too!

(y)

Back