Jet-age gloss

Edit My Images
No
Taken at a recent Blackpool display of mainly older vehicles, this seemed to sum up the "jet-age" styling of 1950s American cars. For more info go to http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Tony

Cadillac.jpg

That one would make a lovely poster. :)

nice. (y) Clean reflections, great composition.

i dont think my car could ever be that clean :shake:

Don't you just love those old American cars? So retro but so futuristic too :thinking:

Good detail shot. I was always fond of the Pymouth Super-Bird thing (google it)

makes the spoilers on some of the saxos and pugs round here look a bit sick really ;)

Love (looking at) these cars ... beautiful to behold if completely impractical ... :p

Nice shot Tony ... (y)

i so love this shot, it is so clean and tidy, and yet so abstract, i really love it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is a type of shot I do only occasionally, but the outrageousness of that light cluster, and the gloss the owner had put on the vehicle drew me into it. It's the sort of styling you think should never have happened, but part of you is glad that it did!

Regards, Tony

yeah smashing shot, love that old styling of american cars, much more character than cars these days

I'll have to agree with everyone else - it's a superb shot, and I love the car styling as well!

That is a nice shot and well spotted - sort of thing I would have walked past. I must learn to open my eyes!!

Smashing.......and as sharp as a tack.

Back