Jet ID needed

Name
K
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I went to the Airshow at Yeovilton last year and took a number of shots but it is only now that I am getting round to sorting them out.

I have this shot below and cannot remember what plane it is, any ideas?

Jet Engines

Posted using Stream Pickr.

Regards..,

K ;)

Last edited:
Ah dang, someone beat me to it...

I couldn't quite see underneath and at first glance, looking at the angle of the wing in the background, I was going to say F4 Phantom.

But then, I guessed at the colour of the paintwork and the more canted rudder assembly and tailfin.

I'll get my coat.

I couldn't quite see underneath and at first glance, looking at the angle of the wing in the background, I was going to say F4 Phantom.

But then, I guessed at the colour of the paintwork and the more canted rudder assembly and tailfin.

I'll get my coat.

Not to worry, I dare say over the coming weeks I will be posting more IDs required.
You see, I quite happily snap away and then totally forget what the shots are when I finally get around to sorting out my negatives.

Cheers..,

K :D

Not to worry, I dare say over the coming weeks I will be posting more IDs required.
You see, I quite happily snap away and then totally forget what the shots are when I finally get around to sorting out my negatives.

Cheers..,

K :D

Tiny reporters notebook.

Best 59p I ever spent. I make a note of settings, time/date, and subject. Works wonders when you've got stuff on a lightbox or are captioning from film scans.

I'll get my coat.

It would never have been a Phantom. Remember they have a tailcone with the arrester hook hanging from it between the two exhausts.

Slightly different shot of the same plane, taken the day before as it arrived at Yeovilton. Not really clear due to the heat haze, but any excuse! :D

3712928398_138d41fc90.jpg

Back