Jet Tec Epson R1800 Compatible Cartridges

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what coloured side the JetTec Matte Black cartridge for the Epson R1800 has?

I took all my cartridges out yesterday in order to clean the printhead and although I stacked them in order I have just noticed that the cartridges aren't individually labelled with their type, they only have different coloured sides. I have a grey sided one which I believe to be my Matte Black and an all black one which I believe to be the Photo Black, but as you can guess I am not 100% sure! Can anyone please let me know if this is correct before put these cartridges back.

I look forward to hearing from you, :)

Julian.

I can't help much with the labeling of the carts but I would guess that the printer would soon tell you if they are in the wrong place. Each cartridge should have a chip on it that communicates with the printer.

Hi 18%grey,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately these 'compatibles' only communicate the volume of ink in the cartrigde not it's type.

As it happens I decided to go ahead and put them in the way I mentioned, I then printed a Nozzle Check pattern and compared it to an older one I still had, this showed me that I had somehow got the two black carttridges mixed up (as Photo Black prints slightly lighter than Matt Black)

So problem solved ...until the next time!! ;-)

Back