Jo.. Again.. lol

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, during the shoot at Digital Depot myself and Blinkers managed to coax Jo outside...

Jo4.jpg

Jo_1.jpg

and a couple from inside..

Jo_9.jpg

Jo_2.jpg

3 then 4 out of that set for me

md(y)

ps well done imo

Are they all the same girl? ... she looks so different in 1&2 to 3&4 :thinking:
After looking at the 1st couple, I dont think the last 2 do her justice at all!

I absolutely love the 1st, I find the colour of golden light to be so warm & flattering, and the expression is spot on, the eyes just burn right into you.
For me its one of the best portraits Ive seen on here, she looks stunning, and it just blows the other 3 away. (y)

Wow, thanks Glo..

They are the same girl, thats one of the things that i say about her.. she is so versatile!! and you're right, those eyes!! at only 16yrs old she has a huge furure in front of her imho.. t

I think this was her first propper shoot.. she HAS had pictures take before but at home.. apparently they were so good either..

The golden light was provided by my £9.99 reflector... it really made a difference.. the sun was very bright so was washing her out, we found some shade and bounced it in.. i tried the white side first and it made her look ill!! lol..

Thx again..

Are they all the same girl? ... she looks so different in 1&2 to 3&4 :thinking:
After looking at the 1st couple, I dont think the last 2 do her justice at all!

I absolutely love the 1st, I find the colour of golden light to be so warm & flattering, and the expression is spot on, the eyes just burn right into you.
For me its one of the best portraits Ive seen on here, she looks stunning, and it just blows the other 3 away. (y)

Yep, she went from an inexperienced young girl to an exiting new model over the two sessions. I think the change of clothes and make up made the difference.

0161_web.jpg

IMG_0179_800.jpg

Jo is my mates daughter, and I'm really pleased I suggested she came along now. She wanted some photos so she could put a portfolio together, and I thinks she'll have plenty after last weekend.

I know I'm looking forward to the next shoot.

Steve

Actually, I was so taken with the shot, Im sitting here playing with it, lol! (hope you dont mind)

But after Ive bleated about how the golden light really does add a lovely soft glow to her face, Ive just toned it right down, since it gives her an obvious different colourcaste to her chest, which is the only thing that spoils the shot imo.... though you would probably think Ive given her that 'ill look' now, lol!
Ive also put the tinciest bit of light in her eyes (I hate overwhite eyes).
Im soo taken with those eyes!
She definiately has the look ... 'fierce' I think is what what Tyra Banks would say! (y)

Well... post it up Glo... (y)

I should have moved the reflector further away, 1. because she found the light from it too bright, 2. it would have covered more of her to make it more even.. You live N learn...

She definiately has the look ... 'fierce' I think is what what Tyra Banks would say! (y)

You think she's fierce, you should meet her mum...

Hang on a minute, Mandy may be reading this.. I mean.... well in a "nice fierce" kind of way, honest Mandy.... :LOL:

Seriously, she has her mums eyes, and she's got a younger sister who's going to look just a pretty too - I'm glad I haven't got a daughter, especially a pretty one ;)

Also, while I was in PS, I changed her eyes to bright blue, just to see what they looked like, but it didn't look as nice as the original....

(sorry for stealing your post Tony) :rules:

Well if the whole family looks like this, think Id better make sure I come to the next one too (Id have loved to come along but it was a bit far for me).

Initially I thought a slightly tighter crop would bring more attention to thos eyes, but actually Im not sure I should have touched the crop.
Hmmm! now I look again, Im not so sure if I dont just prefer your version after all! :LOL:

Jo_1.jpg

What are you like Glo... lol..

I think i prefer mine too, sorry.... :shrug: but there not a lot in it.. the only thing id change really is id have had the reflector further back to get a fuller coverage.. but im sure there is a crop in there.. but that would be a totaly different image to join this one and not replace.. im really happy with it...

Thanks again for the nice comments.. im sure Jo wouls be really pleased to hear them too...

(y)

Back