Beginner Jobo C 6700 Enlarger

Name
eeyore
Edit My Images
Yes
So I have one of these enlargers but sadly I'm lacking in knowledge or instructions..

Firstly off, how the hell do i turn it on [emoji1]

I've joined the connections to the plug and timer. The power is on and the timer set to "focus" which i guess keeps the light on.
There is one switch under the head unit. I've played around with it a bit. On the front of the head are 3 rotor switches for the colours... again I've played with them.

So I'm guessing it could be a bulb out... but again I don't know how to..

Anyone got any ideas to get to the bulb or switch it on?

IMG_20170913_194413.jpgIMG_20170913_194401.jpgIMG_20170913_194330.jpg

Well after a little expropriation with a screwdriver it seems the bulb is in the head and not a clip out job.
New bulb will be had from b&q tomorrowIMG_20170913_210554.jpg

Last edited:
:/

Just be careful with this thing, the dolly plug connection looks sh1t3, the 13a plug connection looks sh1t3, is there a transformer, is there a lamp or have you taken it out?
Low voltage, 12v or so are usually 100w and colour corrected, you won't get one at b&q, it may be 120v....240v, who knows, you haven't pictured the relevant parts.
Don't treat it like its a weird bedside lamp, it isn't, you can't just put the first thing that comes to hand in it.....just be safe...:)

Last edited:
I have the C6600 which as mentioned above looks very similar. I'm pretty sure the bulb you need is an MR16 100w such as https://www.stagedepot.co.uk/lighti...ps/osram-xenophot-hlx-a1231-efp-100w-12v-lamp (might not be the cheapest place to buy, just first that came up in Google). They're easy enough to get hold of online, but I've never seen them elsewhere like B&Q. The bulb holder looks like it hasn't been modified from standard based on what I can see in your picture.

You also need a transformer if one didn't come with the enlarger, as the bulb runs at 12v and can't be plugged directly into 240v. It's a black box that plugs into the mains, then there's a cable to the enlarger head that plugs into it.

It's pretty simple and once you get a bulb lit in it you'll see what the levers all do. The one on the bottom right just engages and disengages all the filters selected on the front dials.

I can't see a negative holder in the picture. This will be one of the most important bits.

Last edited:
I can't see a negative holder in the picture. This will be one of the most important bits.
Should it also have a condenser in the head?
Matt

I think the plan is to contact print, so a neg holder might not be necessary.
The lamp though, I dunno, I think it would be advantageous to use the correct lamp so there is some correlation between actual results, and results reported elsewhere from the same equipment.
I've had dodgy lamps not producing the correct spectrum that adversely effect print reproduction, advice read and supplied from online sources have to assume you're playing with the same deck of cards, its really difficult to know you aren't without going through loads of trial & error and wasted materials.

Last edited:
Hi all a bit of an update, I ordered a bulb online :) I did try maplin but they couldn't get hold of one.
Whilst the bulb is in transit I stripped the thing down and cleaned up all the contacts and testing everything. I've put it back together and had a look again at the bulb it looks ok but the contacts were corroded so cleaned it up too.

Bing.... we have light :police::D:facepalm::whistle:
Oh well I have a spare now too :woot:

The neg holders are all in a box next to it. 6x6,35mm and slide.

Hi all a bit of an update, I ordered a bulb online :) I did try maplin but they couldn't get hold of one.
Whilst the bulb is in transit I stripped the thing down and cleaned up all the contacts and testing everything. I've put it back together and had a look again at the bulb it looks ok but the contacts were corroded so cleaned it up too.

Bing.... we have light :police::D:facepalm::whistle:
Oh well I have a spare now too :woot:

The neg holders are all in a box next to it. 6x6,35mm and slide.
Result! :banana:

I think it is quite difficult when the negatives are darker or lighter, and I'm wondering if you have a light meter that can read the amount of light reaching the frame you are using? That would give you a basic reference figure to work with and you could then change it from there onwards. If you haven't got a suitable meter, maybe someone else here lives locally and could help out with a loan?

The only things I think that might address the blotchy look in the prints is agitating the developer tray constantly during development, or using fresher paper if the paper is quite old.

Some more attempts IMG_20170924_184521.jpg

Getting there, my first contact print worked out ok but i had a slight alignment issue [emoji23]
The pinkie one are where I've not bothered to fix, I knew they went wrong so put them aside

Last edited:
Back