Critique Jodrell Bank at sunrise

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Having looked at the local weather, yesterday morning I decided to head up to the local hill Mow Cop and get some shots of Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope poking out of the early morning mist.
Taken from about 7-8 miles away with a 500mm f4.

11026037186_a1dde39c0e_c.jpg

Beautiful shot almost like an alien structure on a far off world. Can you tell I am a StarTrek fan.:)

I like it just goes to show you some times don't need a lot in a picture to make a wonderful picture well done

Cheers for the comments guys. I've been up on the hill plenty of times in the past and seen the dish with the sunlight in the early morning and I've also seen it popping out of the mist, but not both together. Good job I watched the weather forecast the night before.
I'll have a play Michael with a different crop and see how that looks.(y)

Having looked at the local weather, yesterday morning I decided to head up to the local hill Mow Cop and get some shots of Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope poking out of the early morning mist.
Taken from about 7-8 miles away with a 500mm f4.

Great competition image, nice one Gareth

Geoff

11026037186_a1dde39c0e_c.jpg

Thats a lovely shot.

Gareth, that is a corker!

I'm loving it......:banana:

However, may I suggest.......

To me the 'front' is the flat side, I always prefer more space in 'front' of the subject than behind.....but that's just me.

An excellent capture nevertheless.

Last edited:
Really like it, great planning and good use of a 500mm. There can't be many photos in this section taken with a 500mm!

Oh and good dedication too for carrying it to the top of the hill!

Very nice. Simple but effective.

You even have it looking (or is it listening) into the frame.

Being fairly local, I had many fun school trips to Jodrell Bank.

Cheers guys. Not sure which way rounds looks best to be honest. Works either way for me I think.
I'll have to be honest and say that I only had to walk about 2 mtrs as there's a road and car park at the top.
This is the first time doing a landscape with the 500mm as the subject was about 8 miles away!!

Really like this shot, I was there a few months back and found it hard to get anything worth keeping.

Back